Thanks Doug H!!!! Great build!!!

Started by jimbob, April 03, 2004, 12:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

I think of all my distortion and overdrive effects ive bought and built the Highway 89 is now my favorite. It does what its supposed to do!!!  Finally an effect that makes me smile...I had one loose wire on the output end..and boom!! there it is!!

thanks Again!!!
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Alpha579

sounds very cool....Got any pics? Or soundfiles? Or discritptions of the sound  :P
Alex Fiddes

jimbob

i believe theres a sound file at runoffsgrooves site..pcb layout ect..this really is a great one.. im often disapointed in the different ones i build--not this--very versatile.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

nooneknows

hi,
please, where can I find the circui schematics? I've only found the perfboard scheme at runoffgroove
thanx
M.

Fret Wire

Quote from: nooneknowshi,
please, where can I find the circui schematics? I've only found the perfboard scheme at runoffgroove
thanx
M.

Email Doug for the schematic
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Peter Snowberg

The Highway 89 uses some circuit topology borrowed from the Route 66 tube amp, so to respect the Route 66 designer the schematic is not openly posted. To get a copy, e-mail Doug. :D

From the clip at Runoffgroove that pedal is one amazing smoking distortion! 8)

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Doug H

I have a clip on my sound page too. Glad you like it Jimbob!

Doug

Phorhas

Doug, is it possiable for you to send me the Route 66 schematic?
- my Email is Phorhas@icqmail.com

pretty please?
:)

Dan.
Electron Pusher

Doug H

Just a reminder to anyone who wants the Hwy89 schematic- email me at dougbhammond@yahoo.com to request it.

I don't respond to these threads or PMs on it. It just keeps it easier for me to deal with it all in one place.

Thanks,

Doug

slideman82

Yeah, that's right, you H89 really rock, Doug! I've made some tweaking, including all Ge trannies... it gives me that Cream Farewell Concert sound from Eric Clapton (I think it's a mix between distorted Plexi's and a Fuzz Face... sounds like a big ball of sound!) but with better definition. Thanks Doug!
Hey! Turk-&-J.D.! And J.D.!

DougH

Just a reminder that there's a schematic and soundclip here:

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/v/DougH/hwy89/

(Glad you guys like it. :icon_wink:)
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

slideman82

Thanks again, Doug, guys will love it! Great idea you had with this. Try some Ge...

slideman82

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! Great sound! Go ahead with  Steppin' out!

DougH

Please ignore the 4 year old info at the top about emailing me for a schematic.

There's a schematic and soundclip here:

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/v/DougH/hwy89/
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."