hmm my status, and a revalation on shippin .. thanks marcus

Started by Ansil, April 04, 2004, 01:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ansil

ok after long debates with ups usps and fedex and a talk with ole marcus dahl i decided to go with fedex for all my packages.. they pickup at the house and have better insurance and rates now that i talked with them and got past the bs and red tape.

so to the long list of people who have gotten screwed by the usmail system and are mad or not speaking to me i say this

Jered man, i sent out stuff for the knobs twice man,  the latest package came back to me again. email me and send me your address as i lost the pm with it.

Austrailianguy your stuff went out friday.  the second of april

clean boost  english gent, i checked with the usps and they said it should have cleared by customs now,  i also pm'd you email me if you have any problems

to the gentleman who bought the boards from me, i am shipping replacement boards to you tuesday if u havent' already gottne them

Monkey, your pedal should be in customs at the moment according to the usps.  

i think thats everyone email me if you have any questions.

also all of this mail was originally shipped via the usps.  so i have spent the last 6 months trying to track down lost shipments coming to me {i am also affected here}. and i got all but one  tracked down. sorry martisians yours never got here.

but since the new webpage will be launching soon, and the old ones are coming down and being revamped  [anyone who has visited my sites recently will notice that] i realized i can nolonger afford to put up with the usps's mistakes.. my own i have to deal with but i can not afford to do a part time pedal gig and have the shipping screw it up..

so again my appologies for all inconveniences.

Ansil

R.G.

Education is always expensive, no matter what currency you use to pay for it.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Ansil

Quote from: R.G.Education is always expensive, no matter what currency you use to pay for it.

very true rg very true. :D

Bucksears

>>Education is always expensive, no matter what currency you use to pay for it.

To add to what R.G. said,
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Ansil, I'd be interested to know what percentage of your total USPS parcels had problems, ie what % permanently lost, what % returned to you.  My failure rate is below 1%, and that is for stuff airmailed from Australia via the PO here, then delivered in USA by the USPS.

Ansil

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave)Ansil, I'd be interested to know what percentage of your total USPS parcels had problems, ie what % permanently lost, what % returned to you.  My failure rate is below 1%, and that is for stuff airmailed from Australia via the PO here, then delivered in USA by the USPS.

well unsure of percentages.. but here goes

out of 22 ebay purchases i bought myself, or had a friend tobuy when i had ebay password problems i had screwed up deliverys ie sender had to send twice

14 times

4 never got here at all

4 no problems

and thats off ebay alone in the past 6 months

from me sending out parcels out of 100 parcels i mailed in 6months i had to send stuff twice

10 times

thrice

3 times

and it just not getting there and getting lost even though i ahve tracking no.s

6 times

and my regular mail not getting here,

paycheck from company

8 timesin one year not gettin here at all

4 times they had to send it twice as they got it back

so i am unsure of the percentage but the no.s are pretty staggering. and i am not a happy camper.

drew

I get about 5 packages returned for every thousand I send out (I send, depending on the season and what I have available, maybe a hundred packages a week) and have never had a package mis-delivered to my PO box. I have had stuff stolen off my porch... thus the PO box! It's about $30 for 6 months' worth of POB, so if you're having huge mail problems, I would suggest it to you.

Oh also my mailman is a bit of a dipshit when it comes to giving me my neighbors' mail... but the funny thing is, I never see my mail that's misdelivered, unless I check the mailbox next door or across the way. Isn't that funny? People are frickin' thieves, I tell you what...

drew
www.toothpastefordinner.com

smoguzbenjamin

Hmmm. Mine was lost too, or held up by customs.

How's the back Ansil?
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Ry

You know, the funny thing is that FedEx has lost at least 80% of the things I have sent through them or had shipped with them.  I don't mean lost and found, either, I mean totally gone never to be seen again.

Ry

bwanasonic

I've used USPS for hundreds of ebay transactions, etc. and never had a problem with ONE. Just a handful of those went overseas though. Hope I don't jinx myself here!

Kerry M

Ansil

hmm may have to rethink it then.. back is hanging int her ei go to the chraiopractor tuesday

bwanasonic

Quote from: RyYou know, the funny thing is that FedEx has lost at least 80% of the things I have sent through them or had shipped with them.  I don't mean lost and found, either, I mean totally gone never to be seen again.

That's a pretty bizarre statistic for FedEx!? I can assure you that if that was at all representitive of the norm, business in this country would be a lot different. Where I work, we send many thousands of packages FedEx annually, and I doubt the percentage of lost items is even 2%.

Kerry M

crawler486

I hate Fedex. One of my package was lost when
one of their planes carrying Chuck Noland onboard
crashed in the Pacific.

Sic

bwanasonic

Ry

QuoteThat's a pretty bizarre statistic for FedEx!? I can assure you that if that was at all representitive of the norm, business in this country would be a lot different.

Oh, I agree, I think it's just my curse.  I've had a lot of important things lost by them, including a job offer letter that I desperately needed before I moved...it never showed up, and a couple memory samples for my EE senior design project (sent twice via fed ex and lost both times).  I have no idea what the problem is, but I tend to trust USPS before anything else, then UPS...and NEVER FedEx.

ErikMiller

I think Drew touched on it with his mention of the dipshit mail carrier.

In my experience, the quality of service from each of the carriers is very dependent on their local offices/employees.

I live within a couple of miles of Oakland Airport, which is a major shipping hub, and my service with UPS, USPS, and FedEx has been great.

All those companies have big high-profile offices with (I'm sure) plenty of oversight from their head offices. They never know when one of the corporate officers might step off a plane at the airport and just swing by for a little visit on their way to the convention center.

20 years ago, when I lived in Hot Springs, Arkansas, UPS was almost unusable. Our local driver would not leave delivery attempt notices, I think because he assumed that each household would have someone home during the day, perhaps a tranq'd housewife watching soaps. So he'd bring the shit by 3 days in a row and then send it back if nobody answered the door.

My mother worked at a daytime job, so what I wound up having to do was figure out when the packages should have arrived, then go out to the UPS office, where they ASSURED me that if the driver had been by, there would be a notice. I was arguing about this with one of the counter people, and happened to notice my packages sitting on a shelf in the back when a door opened.

Insanity. I'm sure the driver was never reprimanded as a result of this.

So my theory is that it's all about the local end of the shipping chain. If your local office is staffed by the clumsy, the larcenous, the under-supervised, then you are out of luck.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Erik is on the money. With the Australian Post Office (very good by world standards IMHO) when there is trouble, it is a bad egg at the local office.
Including some 'relief' delivery guys when the regulars are on holiday.
BTW when i ship stuff, I don't wrire "MUSICAL EFFECTS" all over the box. I describe it as something like "electronic modulator assembly" and make it look as boring as I can, I think it can't but help.

Marcus Dahl

Quote from: Ansilok after long debates with ups usps and fedex and a talk with ole marcus dahl i decided to go with fedex for all my packages.. they pickup at the house and have better insurance and rates now that i talked with them and got past the bs and red tape.
Ansil

I'm glad I could help....I only use the Post Office for my PO Box, or a customers PO Box, and over sea orders. Everything else is done FedEx. So far I've been impressed with them.
Marcus Dahl