Tube reamer is a nice build--thnks runoffgroove!!

Started by jimbob, April 04, 2004, 03:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

I built the tube reamer a while back but it wasnt till i changed the .22 cap  to .32 adding more bass-=-mod is listed on the runoffgroove site--now it sounds great to me--with my set up anyway..id be interested in anymore mods that might add more color/distortion..
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Alpha579

Have you tried different diode combinations? Try ge, silicon and rectifier diodes and mix and match for assym clipping. You could also make the 470K larger/smaler for more/less gain respectfully.
if u wanted you could put a really simple tone control on there by replacing the 1k res. to a 10k pot.
Alex Fiddes

donald stringer

That is one awesome little radio shack build.  Iused the off the shelf 741. Try the barber techniqe of stacking the chips. I built one  for this pedal. By the way this thing has a lot of out put..Play it through a clean tube amp
troublerat

audioguy

Quote from: Alpha579if u wanted you could put a really simple tone control on there by replacing the 1k res. to a 10k pot.

Which 1k res would you substitue with the 10k pot- the one before the gain or the one before the volume, and would that be an Audio pot or a lin pot?

Thanks!

Audioguy

petemoore

To juice up the input, you could try a booster in front of it.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.