Looking for Ibanez DML-10 schematic

Started by Peter Snowberg, April 05, 2004, 07:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Snowberg

Hi there,

I'm fixing an Ibanez Modulation Delay II model DML10 for a friend and I can't find the schematic. Could somebody please help me out with this?

The guts were interesting.... The clock gen and modulation LFO look to be analog, but the delay is based around a custom chip (MC4101F) with two 4164 DRAMs attached.   There is also a NE571 for companding and a few SIP package opamps. Right next to the 4164s is a LM311 comparitor. Could this be a sigma-delta based delay??? :shock: Hmmm..... :D

Thanks!
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Maneco

Not necesariilly Sigma Delta,many delays and a/d converters need an external comparator,even when they have the succesive aproximation logic inside the custom chip,or on a cmos chip like the 4559...also the boss dd2 and dd3 haver a custom delay chip,12bits,that need an external 311...for the modulation delay,i'd love to see the schematic too...

Peter Snowberg

Ah... thanks. That makes sense since you could fab the address generator in a process that wasn't all that great for analog. So much for sample and hold I guess. :D

Take care,
-Peter

rocket

I havea scan of the DFL Schematic that has the sama chip:

http://www.8bitsindgenug.net/mn0bit.htm

maybe it helps.

Peter Snowberg

Peter Snowberg

Thank you again Rocket! 8)  8)  8)

I found the problem thanks to help from your schematic. It was just a bad 10uF cap.

Take care,
-Peter

mrsage

Bump on this...

I'm interested in a schematic, as well.

I'd like to see how easy it would be to rehouse it with a smaller-sized pot for the modulation depth...