One Guitar + One Pedal= Multiple Guitar sound?

Started by MattAnonymous, April 06, 2004, 10:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyldeSnake

I'd just go with a splitter and run through that sucker.  One split gets the fuzz, the other just gets passed straight through to the output.  Try to add or multiply the signals back together at the end and you should be golden.

Actually, I dont know which is right...do you add or multiply audio signals to combine them?

B Tremblay

Quote from: WyldeSnakeI'd just go with a splitter and run through that sucker.  One split gets the fuzz, the other just gets passed straight through to the output.  Try to add or multiply the signals back together at the end and you should be golden.

Splitter-Blend!
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

WyldeSnake

Yeah, I saw that.  Looks like the best solution to me :)  I might use the heck out of it actually.

Quick question though:  Why are there resistors on the input of the Op-Amp for green, but the red op-amp has none?  They're both set up as buffers (equal feedback/input resistance), but one has extra 220k resistors.  What's the deal?

*Edit: Nevermind.  They're only there because of the polarity-reverser switch.  Take out the polarity reversing circuit, and you can axe the extra resistors it looks like*

B Tremblay

Quote from: WyldeSnake*Edit: Nevermind.  They're only there because of the polarity-reverser switch.  Take out the polarity reversing circuit, and you can axe the extra resistors it looks like*

Correct.  However, the polarity reverser is very handy, so I'd suggest leaving it in.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com