ThunderChief ROXX

Started by petemoore, April 08, 2004, 12:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

The TC does get a Super Lead type sound to it.
 I'ts on my pedalboard, it's getting used alot too.
 There are simpler builds for more intense distortion, I didn't really find the soundclip's tone in mine yet...like I care...
 The TC IMO is the only pedal I have that resembles itself.
 It's truly a great Jfet build, I prefer using the gain knob set low to medium, gets a nice brassy clean boost.
 The rolloff bypass switch I put on the last cap is perfectly subtle, can't even quite tell till I attack the strings again... a slightly more pronounced efkt is percieved when other pedals like a booster or Tbooster are used in front of it.
  I was using my pedals Yesterday, just after modding and adding a cap to the input of my amp, and was really pleased with the Tone and ease of playing passages from ZZTOP, Aerosmith, for hours doing all my favorite amp tone test tunes...I had of course other pedals going, but N/P...Got that 'thing' working many great ways...I've been working 'caps and gain in the chain'...I find it really helps when I start using lots of pedals...I'm haveing a couple booster types generally first thing...TC, SD-1 ... then etc etc etc etc switching them around etc ... Them Boosters, TC and SD-1...N/P doin the 70's/80's [80's means 70's WITH CHORUS  of Chourse/Compresssion]...lol.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

gtrmac

Obviously I gotta make one of these.

As soon as possible! :)