Thunderchief tone stack?

Started by gtrmac, April 08, 2004, 11:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtrmac

Is it worthwhile thinking about adding a tone stack to the Thunderchief?

If so, would the TMB stack from Doug Hammonds Meteor be a likely candidate?

Runoff Groove's website suggests adding the stack between the 2nd and 3rd stage. Does this mean that another JFET would be added also like in the Meteor?

vdm

you can use the tone stack from the amp it was modelled off. i have a schem for the 1959 from schematicheaven.com here... it seems like you just insert the stack from the end of the second triode, up to the far side of the treble pot.
that'll give you a tmb stack and also in the same vain as the amp.
good luck with the addition.
trent

petemoore

Big cap value change from .68 to 250uf        
 I'm just about to find out what that does...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

petemoore

The 10uf on a Spdt, under Q1S, the other Spdt on the last rolloff cap.
 2.2uf under Q2S.
 For those who it may interest, A Range Pig is what I have DPDT'd on the front end, This of course changes things of course...
 Was trying it outmmm, excellent Guitar Rolloff tone [SC''s Before T.A. after], super touch senseing, I had it going to from 'Pin dropping in extreme low atmosphere', to the amazing attack bite by string touch.
 Pretty cool 'fingerprinting' fastly, lightly across the string for 'violin' 32nd notes.
 Really an interesting beast in the book, nice open sound, smooth defined highs and bass, not bad for a White Boy.
 Actually I fibbed just a bit. I didn't do the work...I got lazy and 'tagged the extra S supply caps ground well onto ground [right there], then just flattened the other lead and it stuffs right in/out of the S hole of the transistor socket !!! Actually just leans against the S lead...I've laid out the switch with the nuts...nots...!!!
 I haven't tried it through solid state amp yet...who knows...
 Kind of like a tube amp idling, half asleep, then the Source caps wake gains!! Loosens up the bass some too...What a Machine !!!
 I seem to like the Jfet's set at around 4.75v at D. Tried 5.v, and 4.50v.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Eddie

I need more bass!!More Thunder please!
What can I change to get more bass out of the thunderchief?

Without getting  muddy?

Thanks!

Eddie

Gary

Eddie,

Please see the reply to Pete's thread on this same subject.