News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

press n peel

Started by StratScreamer, April 10, 2004, 04:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StratScreamer

Can I use press n peel with a deskjet printer?

Thanks

SupaTmu

No, you have to use laser printer.

EDIT: With PnP-Blue or PnP-Wet transfer film.

gez

I recently found a way of using photo board with a desk jet.  Print your artwork off onto a regular transparency then cover it with a layer of greaseproof/tracing paper.  Works a treat!

Only thing is you 'need' an exposure box.  I use the fluorescent light in my kitchen, and sometimes those energy efficient jobbies you can buy that look like a coiled strip light.  The drawback is you have to have your board in direct contact with the strip-light so it can only be as wide as the light.  That's not a problem for me though as I mount my boards vertically and they've always been narrow.

Wouldn't take too much to build an exposure box.  You could probably find a cheap secondhand one.  Tanning beds work too (you can pick up cheap portable ones).
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Mark Hammer

Probably the most cost effective thing to do is to print off the patterns on your home printer, cut and paste themonto a single sheet and bring the sheet with the PnP to a photocopy outlet.  They will undoubtedly balk but you can tell them that it is identical to overhead transparency sheets for laser copiers, the only difference being that the emulsion on transparency sheets is usually clear and this stuff is blue.  There is NO risk of it gumming up their copier any more than a transparency sheet for laser copiers would.  If you want to try and experiment for your own edification, spring for another 50 cents or whatever and ask them to copy your sheet onto a piece of glossy photo paper.  TRhat will give you a backup copy and you can see whether the extra precision from PnP is worth it for the kinds of things you make.