Started by Fret Wire, April 11, 2004, 02:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fret Wire

Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

u1061810

Me too.but I have a bridge I can sell you in Brooklyn. :lol:

petemoore

Unless it is tested for fingerprints by two independant testing firms, also double confirmed DNA evidence will be necessary [and impossible].
 Stevie had a production company, that turned out TS-9's,,,,they were put on a conveyor belt that was routed under his bed and while sleeping, the pedals would be touched by his hand...as it was hanging off the side of the bed.
 Then they were hermetically sealed, and stored, until the pedals popularity [of course the man told them "these pedals will be worth a fortune someday, when I'm gone...so stock up!!!"] made them worth alot of money.
 This stuff reminds me of the Paper Moon Bible sales trick...read the Obituaries, and have a bible embossed with the deceased name, then hit up the mourners for the bible 'he' ordered...good one, if a bit morbid !!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Fret Wire

Might be.........Martha Stewart just bought stock in Ibanez! lol!
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

eaze

Fret Wire

The bid is up to $151 with 4 1/2 days left! Oh well, they just don't get it. P.T. Barnum would be proud. Or....maybe they do get it. The top bidder just won some  63' reproduction Strat logo decals. Hmmm...........
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

petemoore

Itt'dd Have to be Modded...actually it might be nice to be the only one left on the block with an Un-modded TS, if just for comparisons.
 Might be neat to just leave it alone and play through it too.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Fret Wire

Bidding is up to $233 with 11 hours left! Can't tell if the top bidder is a musician. His last purchases were automotive.  

Oh well :roll:
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

GuitarLord5000

Having to put the line "We are not liars" is almost like using the statement "I dont mean to sound like a prick, but...
Life is like a box of chocolates.  You give it to your girlfriend and she eats up the best pieces and throws the rest away.

Paul Marossy

I believe that he did own a TS-9. It's almost the same circuit as the TS808, just a few minor changes between the two.

I don't know what to think about these cats selling stuff allegedly used by some famous musician. It's hard to take any of them seriously...  :roll:

Fret Wire

It's over: $364.99!! The winner seems to bid on a lot of rock concert memorabilia. It seems to me that the bidder's didn't really totally believe it, but felt driven to bid anyways. If it was the real deal, it would be way over a thousand.

I'm sure that soon, some people will relic a reissue 808 and pass it off for a vintage. They fetch enough on ebay to make it worth it for forgers. Human nature I guess. Ebay has always been an interesting study on marketing, human nature, and P.T. Barnum 101.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64418&item=3717254554&rd=1
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Johan

Hmmm...so SRV gave that one away...and kept the TS-10?...makes you wonder, doesnt it?....
I have owned Booth a TS808, TS9 and a TS10 at the same time...me and a friend made a blindtest to see witch one we liked the most ( I needed to sell at least one for the monnie..broke at that time..) I played and he switched without me being able to see wich one was used. then he played and I run the pedals...we booth picked the TS-10 as the sweetest sounding...
this was just before the TS-9 reissue came out, so I got more than I though I would for it..maby I should have held on to the 808, but i didnt see the point in having box I never used when I could get monnie to pay off some depts..

Johan
DON'T PANIC

Oliver

Hi,

when this is real a TS used or touched by SRV, whtats the difference to another TS????
It dont makes a good Overdrive by playing or touching from a person who can play a good guitar style....

*ironic mode ON*
I think i make the best FuzzFace, because i own some Transistors, that Jimi Hendrix looked at..
*Ironic mode OFF*

For my opinion, a Tubescreamer is a Tubescreamer, there are slightly differences between some Pedals (maybe) But they are still TS, may be, that SRV had a very bad sounding one and everyone searches for the best TS Tone he can get  8)

I hear to my ears, what sounds good for me is good for me.

bye
Oliver
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>

YouAre

The guy who bought it obviously has no penis. He spent 150 bucks on a led zep ticket stub....

u1061810

Oh, I think he might have a penis, but it's probably stuck to the top of his cranium.

Peter Snowberg

When he sells that ticket stub for $400 guess who will be laughing?

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Skreddy

Quote from: Peter SnowbergWhen he sells that ticket stub for $400 guess who will be laughing?
Um, us again?
:lol:

Eric H

Quote from: Skreddy
Quote from: Peter SnowbergWhen he sells that ticket stub for $400 guess who will be laughing?
Um, us again?
:lol:
I guess it depends on whether or not you're trying to live as an individual, rather than with herd-think . ;-)

-Eric
" I've had it with cheap cables..."
--DougH

freeradical24

what i think is funny is that we watched this auction like it was a reality tv show.

Fret Wire

Quote from: freeradical24what i think is funny is that we watched this auction like it was a reality tv show.

lol! But really, where's the reality in paying $365 for a bogus SRV pedal. Alot of us just watched it with a sense of humor, sad as it was.

Also, it's a study in human nature.

It's even a study in marketing, even though the "product" is bs. An honest person selling FX can still learn from these successfull scammers. If you think about it, you've seen ads for pedals that had all the right components and build techniques. But they didnt get much for them. Too much technical info. We knew what they were talking about in their ads, but non-tech (or DIY) people didn't, and did not bid on them. But they bid for lesser FX that had more "mojo" related ad lines. You've probably seen this.

An FX builder is passionate about his product and tends to write ad for other FX builders. We hate hyped up claims, bs, and "mojo". But who actually buys the majority of pedals? Successful builders learn to separate their hearts from their business. They tend to tone down the tech a little, and ad a little "sparkle" to their ads, yet still be honest.

On these posts, you can learn something about dating pedals, guitars, and amps. If it helps someone on this forum not to get scammed that's good.

These threads are a nice distraction once in a while, especially after a big flame thread. Poke a little fun at the seller and buyer and get back to building. A little OT once in a while doesnt hurt.

But mostly for fun. Everybody sees something different in these.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)