What's your favorite non distortion build?

Started by marrstians, April 19, 2004, 02:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marrstians

What's your favorite non distortion build? i've got about 20 fuzzes and distortions and was looking for some other cool effects... what's your favorite...?

PB Wilson

EA Tremolo. Excellent sound and not too difficult to build. I used a RTS PCB from JD at GGG. (Can you crack this code?) Lots of mods as well. Gotta try some one of these days...

RDV

Aharon

I like the PT-80 a lot.The 301 Flanger is also cool.
Aharon
Aharon

B Tremblay

The Splitter-Blend is more of a tool than an effect, but will allow you to mix your exisitng distortions in intersting ways.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

petemoore

Boosterz can be just as fun as fuzzes
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

RickL

Either Small Stone or Bass Balls. Both of these are on the complicated side but do-able with published layouts.

For easier stuff that's not distortion it's hard to beat Tim Escobedo's wonderful little circuits.

strungout

I found the Green Ringer very interesting :D There's a schematic here and at GGG.
"Displaying my ignorance for the whole world to teach".

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".

Gringo

It's got to be the mxr phase 45, followed closely by the amz mosfet boost.
Cut it large, and smash it into place with a hammer.
http://gringo.webhop.net

will

The Orange Squeezer is a good one! :D

Regards,
Will

MarkB

Easyvibe...
I also love the Squeezer and Ross/Dyna comps that I built.. but the EasyVibe is just so sweet sounding.
"-)

bwanasonic

Quote from: willThe Orange Squeezer is a good one! :D

The OS and the AMZ Mosfet boost get used far more than any distortion pedal I own. The only other effect (beside reverb) I have almost always on, is a bit of Analog Delay Slapback.

Kerry M

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

brett

WAH  (I did build one, but now I use a Dunlop).  Then Dyna compressor, Rebote delay, Phase 45 (all tonepad pcbs)....
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

george

StephenGiles

I built this back in 1981. I was given the circuits when I used to do accounting work at the UK company ( see Mark Hammer's site for my tracing of the circuits). I built it on stripboard and it worked. For some reason the VCF never worked properly but the 3 VCOs tracked my guitar very well, only mono of course. You need a lot of time, and no women around!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

axr

4ms phaseur fleur
4ms tremulus lune
laurier handy wah

travissk

I'll have to vote for the 4ms Phaser. The 4ms Trem is also excellent.

I want to build an Orange Squeezer to replace my Boss CS-3, but have been extremely busy lately, and might not get the chance until next fall.