Thread or Link about how to Iron t shirt transfer method?

Started by jimbob, April 19, 2004, 10:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

petemoore

AVERY DARK T Shirt Transfers.... [Dark]
Someone said they tried T Shirt transfers and ....?
 I tried the mentioned ones, on T Shirt, I think these guys were talking timing Ironing direct to boxes, melted or not stuck, and good results too...I just transfer image to shirt [simple directions on ehte box] then glue material to box.
 best to run drafts through the printer first, then set the printer for 'bestest [some kinda?paper] and heavy ink as you like...that way you don't use a ton of ink on getting the layout the way you want it, oh of course run low ink, draft run on paper....then when you like...set the printer 'high' [slow] and use the transfer.
 I would tend to think heat the box and put a placement backing beside the box so you can align it perfectly the first drop...the box must tend to get hot in the middle before the edges [the sides cool the edges?] using an iron only.
 Ok now I advise you wait for someone who did transfer iron to box...if that's it and what you want, because I didn't.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

MarkB

it's really pretty easy!!

I use the Avery stuff for DARK t-shirts (that's key)..
print it out 'best' quality on my inkjet.. I believe set for 'photo paper'.

Trim it down well.. don't want it hanging over the edges too much - it gets rubbery after ironing, and hard to trim it neatly.

Lay it where you want it
Place the tissue paper over it (included in the Avery package)..
Follow the directions for heat and time - I go by what the package says - and usually a LITTLE longer and it works well.

let it cool - use an x-axto knife to cut out the holes -  and spray on the clear coat.
"-)