What's cooking!!!?

Started by Kaiowas, April 20, 2004, 06:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiowas

In What projects are you guys working on?

Just curious... :wink:
"De quién era la piragua?!"

Kaiowas

Transmogrifox

Right now, on one breadboard I have a variable Q 'synth-wah' that i cooked up a couple weeks ago, and on the other breadboard, my sample/hold circuit.  I have been toying with some distortions, but right now have my Sweet Thing/ Screaming MousFET dual distortion gutted out for trouble shooting as there was some high-pitched oscillation going on in the circuit.

I also have my RAT, DOD American Metal, DOD Death Metal, and Big Muff Pi dismembered for modding or repair..
trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.

The Tone God

I have a number of projects on the go many of which I can't talk about. I am working with slajane on some upgrades to the Ruby Tuby amp including some new features that might make it an interesting build for everyone.

Andrew

PB Wilson

I'm finishing up a Double D and Highway 89. (I always get hung up on finishing the enclosures...)
On the horizon is a clone of a variation of a popular fuzz pedal that was reverse-engineered here a while ago, a Blues Pearl Perplexed clone (thanks Ansil, and I'll get it started one of these days, weeks, months...), an EPFM Compressor, perhaps an EPFM Ring Modulator, a MicroSynth and a Meatball/McMeat pedal. Whew!
Speaking of the McMeat, what jacks and switches will I need? I checked out the PDF, but couldn't definitively sort it out on the schem.

LP Hovercraft

A modded EPFM Phaser for 4/6/8 stage switching.  Great sounds, I just have to put it in a box.  Joe Gagan's Skyripper is the other one.  I'm Putting that mofo in a skillet just like he suggests on his site.  My favorite fuzz project yet out of the 20-some fuzzes I've built.  I'd highly recommend the EPFM Balanced Modulator.  There is a little carrier oscillator bleed if you use batteries and use ones with mismatched voltages because the carrier bleed problem gets real bad.  Using the EPFM bipolar power supply works great in mitigating this.  a perfect 8.75V on either side on mine! I want to build the Bass Paralooper off Moosapotamus' site,  make UFO's land on my lawn, negotiate world peace...

jrc4558

I'm building a modification of MXR Distortion+ with active tone controls and saturation controls. Have yet to see how it will go. :)
How about you?

Kaiowas

I'm working on the box that has the eatrem and the marshall blues breaker, and i'm fixing a fisher amp that a friend just gave to me....nothing really impressive....but you've got to star from the bottom, uh?  :shock:

Kaiowas

petemoore

I just retuned a Blackfire, and will rebox it soon.
 Just had a bit much high end, so I tried rolloffs here and there.
 I ended up with one small cap at the input and out at the output. Did the job...for tonights lesson...
 I'm contemplating putting extra pot or switch here or there on it for bass presence [emitter cap mod], or high end rolloff.
 Also considering even more agressive tone controls...anyone with BF tone control suggestions?
 I always like this circuit, why the heck not put a few of my favorite bells and whistles on it !!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

petemoore

I boxed this one yesday, but need to take it out and look at it again.
 It has a 100k [signal to ground] output resistor instead of the 47k, and is still much less than unity.
 Must be the Ge diodes?
 So it seems that one of the boosters I have already for something will have to go on this one for a time, I had cool octave going too, I think I may have a problem non-connection around the .047ufs/diodes.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Stu

I haven't been doing pedals for a while but i'm currently extending a crash sync to do 1/2 1/4 1/8's of the fundamental frequency, hopefully making the thing scream, also a envolope controlled delay pedal.

Nasse

:cry: too much fuss at work. Got some cheap hifi speaker elements, need new speakers for my stereo, old ones have given up the ghost, got a cordless screwdriver already. And maybe I´ll make a box for two old 12"´s that I have lying around... if I can get up from the sofa...
  • SUPPORTER

Hungeryhippie

so much stuff going on i dont know if I'll ever get any thing finshed or even started!!!!
I just ordered up the parts to make another CS overdriver, a blue box, and a tube driver ( projects i've been planning for ages), I have been ordering up free IC's to, got some last weekend and some arrived today and theres more on the way. I have another project on the go which involves an MAX038 and a LM3914, which is all going well. I also have a tube screamer project on the go which I'm swapping for a guitar, and Also getting a selection of my work ready to go in a local music shop too.

Also i'm moving house (well from a flat to a house) on the 1st of may, which will be a big effort but worth it, i get my own work space now not just the Kitchen table!!!

I think thats been enough to be getting on with!!

RDV

I've been working on mods for the Sonic Distortion project @ GGG.
http://www.diystompboxes.com/cgi-bin/webbbs_scripts/webbbs_config.pl?noframes;read=468
I'm also populating an Easyvibe(waiting for parts). My bench is a wreck.

RDV

mr_winter_

hola....

digamos que en este momento estoy en el proyecto de modificar el REAL MCTUBE II para que simplemente tenga controles de tono graves-medios-agudos... pronto lo empezaré, por otro lado aca en Argentina no encuentro los heavy dpdt asi que estoy haciendo unas pequeñas mods. a un circuito de r.g. keen para usar con un pulsador sin retencion como dpdt.

aparte metiendo mano en cuanto amplificador valvular cae en mis manos para reparar...
eso es todo

un abrazo desde cordoba-argentina

donald stringer

I am finishing an dual loop switcher complete with leds.......all cmos ..... no pops  no clicks thank you very much...........next project re-housing my double d distortion  in a bigger box/ completly separating the fender channel and the marshall and of course installing cmos switching
troublerat

Kaiowas

Siempre es agradable encontrar gente latinoamericana en estos forums!!!...compartimos el mismo problema, nunca en nuestros paises hay todos los componentes necesarios para las cajitas... :evil:

Suerte compadre!!

A lot of thing goin' on, uh?, well just let us know when you finish them!!!

Kaiowas