McMeat/Meatball parts (jacks and switches)

Started by PB Wilson, April 21, 2004, 01:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB Wilson

I'm thinking about making myself a McMeat/Meatball clone, but I wasn't sure about all of the parts (particularly the rotary switches and jacks). I wasn't sure what to order by looking at the schem and I couldn't read the Pisotones site with any certainty (Why didn't I pay attention in Spanish class?!).

If anyone can help, I'd like to know the Mouser parts #'s I'd need to order so I don't buy the wrong rotary switches and jacks (the 8-pin jacks shown on the Pisotones site). Thanks!

moosapotamus

moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

PB Wilson

I checked a bunch of the Pisotones site using Babelfish and it gave me some strange syntax in places but I made some sense of the write-up. I figured out that I will need three 4 pole, 3 position rotary switches (Sweep, Bandwidth and Mode) and one 3 pole, 4 position switch for the Range. Correct?

Regarding the jacks with the eight tabs, I've never seen these before. Anyone have a source or a part number to look for? I'll be checking Mouser's website later on tonight.

Manolo Dudes

Here is a close-up:

Go to my Looper page for a schematic for all 8 (9) pins. They're quite common here in Spain.
a.k.a. "Calambres" in www.pisotones.com

psst

Exactly.
I guess automatic translators give a quite funky translation, but probably you can "extract" the real info from it...  :wink:

PB Wilson

Manolo- Thanks for the close-up. I'll check around for something similar.

On another note, your site is incredible! The lengths you go to explain your pedals is amazing. A picture is truly worth a thousand words. Add in some layouts and sound clips and you have a masterpiece!

Actually, thanks to all of the fx gurus who have spent the time creating sites to help guys like me who had never picked up a soldering iron before last summer. I now have a pedalboard full of effects that I can be proud of and I'm not stopping there! I never would have started this hobby if it weren't for you folks. :D

loki

hi manolo, i'm thinking of building the meatball clone too....
i checked your website and found it amazing, you really did a great work (and yes i quite understood it all since i'm italian)..
so i just have one question: reporting to Joep pdf file there's a 4k7 resistor labeled R4 from SW-1 to the middle lug of sens pot which is not on the pcd board and is to be mounted externally.... i didn't find it on your pot wiring images so i was wondering if you just put it somewhere else
thank you
bye!

Manolo Dudes

Thanks a lot for your compliments, guys  :oops:

Regarding the metaball, I didn't make it myself, it was a great collaboration by my pal "psst" who use to be around here. I'll tell him about this.
a.k.a. "Calambres" in www.pisotones.com

psst

PB Wilson

I did some poking around the Mouser site and found some rotary switches that should work (parts 105-13574 and 105-13573).

I also searched for 1/4" jacks and found some with 9 pins like those on the Pisotones pictures. They are "Kobiconn Phone Jacks 1/4" stereo 2DPDT SW" part #161-0084. I have no idea if these will work. I'm simply going by the pictures at Mouser. Can anyone verify if these are the ones?

PB Wilson

PB Wilson

Never mind. I checked out the link Manolo mentioned and it appears that these jacks are the same thing. Thanks! Now onward to some funky filtering fun!  :D

Dylan

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone know where you can get these jacks other than Mouser, or has an alternative jack you can use? Mouser want over £12 to send them to me and I don't care that much.  :x Although I would like an FX loop.