PCB art for the whisker bisquit?

Started by nightingale, August 29, 2003, 01:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightingale

hello~
has anyone ever designed a PCB for the whisker bisquit. i'm still waitng for RG's PCB drawing book to learn.
thanks,
~ryanS
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

Joep

There is a Perfboard layout at RunOffGroove. You can use this or just copy it to make a PCB.

nightingale

thanks~
i've built one one perf board. i am overhauling my line and switching to pcb's,as i just learned how to make them. to me it looks like there is some type of "code" or "rules" in the parts placement for PCB's. that is what i am looking for. RG's PCB drawing book is on hold for a while tho. havn't found anything on the net that is very helpfull... mostly just drawing programs.
best,
~ryanS
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

Paul Marossy

I just design a PCB and don't worry too much about it, except in a super high gain circuit. When I design a PCB (always single-sided), I try to arrange all of the components in a neat, orderly fashion and try to avoid using jumpers as much as possible. If I have to use a few jumpers, I will. Jumpers don't cost anything, they are just a waste byproduct of populating a PCB, so I recycle them when I can. It has been my experience so far that in basic guitar FX circuits, at audio frequencies, the PCB layout isn't terribly critical. It's not impossible to have a bad PCB layout (one that creates problems for the circuit), but my experience has been that it's the parts themselves that will give you the headaches. I've designed probably 15 or so PCB's for various distortion circuits that I have built and have never had a problem that I could trace back to the PCB itself.

Look at the "circuit board design and making" section on this page:
http://www.epanorama.net/links/basics.html#pcb

There is some articles in there that may help you with PCB design.