seems HC FX-forum needs help/ideas from here...

Started by puretube, April 24, 2004, 04:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Snowberg

Quote from: lovechild at HCC'mon kids!

This is revolutionary...

No one digs it besides me and losergeek? *lol*

C'mon!

I guess it's all where you've been looking. ;) Hey Puretube, why not send 'em over here. :D Hehehe.

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

puretube

OK, Peter: I crosslinked them...

BTW.: not sure, but can`t help the feeling of
the guy you quoted being a former DIY-poster...

Peter Snowberg

Eschew paradigm obfuscation

computerjones

in terms of generating a control voltage this has to be the simplest thing to do in analog.  a footswitch that applies either a +dcv or 0v to a rc filter.  the cap will charge or discharge with the footswitch voltage.  buffer that and use it to control a vca for trem, vco for flanger clock etc.  you can change out the R in the RC filter for a variable type or even a couple diodes to control symmetry.  why would you want a microprocessor?

RDV

I tried to register over there(H-C), but they never sent me a password, nor do they respond to emails(many). :?  Lurking there a bit though made realize I'm missing nothing. A bunch of boutique builders & their sheep. I'm not really including Puretube in that category though, but there's not much for me over there(which is good considering I've been electronically snubbed). I'm involved(a bit) in aNaLogMike's forum, but I like Mike, & his products are pretty good so I don't feel too bad about that one. I've sent quite a few guys who were asking DIY questions on it over here, cause they ain't gonna get many answers over there except; "buy my pedal", or; "send it to me, and I'll see if it's worth fixing". That's okay & all but a lot of guys really want to know if they might be able to do it themselves.

Regards

RDV

R.G.

Oh, come on guys. I've taught you better than that. This is easy.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

puretube

RDV: you probably overlooked an email from: "nobody @ harmony-central"; that`s where the registration is sent from....

btw.: I`m not too deep into the HC-forum, but sometimes there are technical thingies to explain to the users @ HC, like to the builders @ DIY.

greetz!

TheBigMan

Quote from: puretubeOK, Peter: I crosslinked them...

BTW.: not sure, but can`t help the feeling of
the guy you quoted being a former DIY-poster...

Lovechild is Tim from Effector 13.  I still post at HCFX quite a bit and I know there are others here that do too.

troubledtom

i never post at HC. it could boost sales but i really dont like that forum .
  i'm not knock'n it i just like aron's forum and i have very little time.
                  peace,
                     - tom

DouglAss

I'm not too impressed with Harmony Central, the forums that is.  It seems like the blind leading the blind.

The love child guys announces a new peouct a week and they look to be the same circuit with a few new switches.

'Lid Microcontroller' either being very stupid by overengineering or very smart by leaving the design open on a mki

I'll give him the benefit of a doubt since he looks to have a gameplan.

5 will get you 10 he's younger than 30

It's just the way the younger guys approach control these days.

My oldest, we hotrod his car with headers and a better carb
My youngest, he goes and puts a performance chip in his.  I look at his motor and it's a big block of aluminum and plastic.  I don't know what any of it does anymore

Brian Marshall

I like the HC forums, at least the effects forum

they dont moderate much over there, so I think if you spend a little time there you pick up on a lot of peoples personality.

One thing that is nice over there is that if you build some simple pedal like a fuzz face and post a couple pictures everyone asks.......  post clips. how does it sound?

Everyone here just wants to know what kind of transistors you used, and any subtle modifications....

both conversations can be interesting, but different.

I post a lot more there than here.  There is also a lot of discussion of vintage and commercial effects.  There is a guy with the moniker "beik" that posts pics of old old old stuff that is intersting.  he had some pics of some tubes from the 1920's (i think) that were like 2 feet long, and pics of what appeared to be a giant lab full of them... really cool. you'd have to see it  for your self.

puretube

fernmeister

whilst HC has its problems, there are some quite knowledgeable people who post there.  the focus is different from here, but that is to be expected.  depsite appearances, it is not all teenagers making quirky noises in their dorms.

however, I do agree the wall to wall spammage is very annoying.  their are some makers who seem to have a new pedal every 15 seconds and often their acolytes are even more annoying still.

i used to post quite a bit about my DIY stuff over there, but stopped that about a year ago.  four times I had the experience of an idea I was writing about "suddenly" dawning on a pedal maker (once with the same name!), twice with the same maker.  the interesting thing in all those experiences was that there was at least 6 weeks between in the intial blast of spam, and any pictures of an actual product.   :wink:   except for once, when the product was never even released (my guess was they couldn't get it to work).  i guess that happens everywhere, but it did sour my view of a few "forumites" as they like to call themselves.

Doug H

I don't hang out at HC forums because a) I don't have time and b) Everywhere I go, HC is consistently held up to ridicule as an example of "what's wrong with a lot of internet forums", or why wherever I happen to be at the time is such a "good place". So I'm not too encouraged to spend time there.

Doug

RDV

Gee! I seem to have angered the Love Child fellow.

Hey! Mr. Love Child! Sorry!

ever

RDV

mikeb

Don't get me started on HC. I never even read the posts there any more.

Mike

puretube

no need to go there anymore concerning this thread:
instead of start/stop-LFO or microprocessor, the problem seems to gonna be solved by an expression-pedal....