Blackfire build report/New Sample adedd

Started by Lucas Grijande, April 30, 2004, 09:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDV

In the Marshall tonestack, if you change the .022uF going to the mid pot to a .015uF, it will give you a dip at 1k, for your scooped mid pleasure.

HTH

RDV

Doug H

Quote from: RDVIn the Marshall tonestack, if you change the .022uF going to the mid pot to a .015uF, it will give you a dip at 1k, for your scooped mid pleasure.

HTH

RDV

Yup.

Or you can change the treble cap to 220p for 1khz mid scoop *and* see how deep it gets. Or do both for a deep narrow scoop above 1khz. Also, increase the bass .022 to .1 to pump da bass.

Or do it all for your death-metal pleasure.... :D

Doug

RDV

Yeah, but for the 1k scoop with the 220p you've got to roll off a lot of highs with it. But it does go quite deeep. I suppose if you do it like that you'd get an apparent bass boost too, cause you're taking the mids & highs down so far. Better have some gain. The BF has plenty.

Regards

RDV

Kleber AG

Hey Lucas!  8)
Really nice sounding pedal, great clip...

Which active 3 knobs tone control have you used? Have a schem? How have you wired all??? Have more details?

Thanks very much!!!
Kleber AG

Lucas Grijande

Quote from: Kleber AGHey Lucas!  8)
Really nice sounding pedal, great clip...

Which active 3 knobs tone control have you used? Have a schem? How have you wired all??? Have more details?

Thanks very much!!!
Kleber AG

I'd adedd a variation of the jay doyle's "timbre box" i don't remember where i'd found this but i can send you a copy if you want...
I'd wired it just instead the output cap and volume pot at the end....i'll must try it after the first stage althoug i like it as is...
I'd used tantalums for all the electrolic caps, greenies for the rest except the 470p on the ¿feedback loop? that is ceramic type and carbon type resistors...

Doug:

I'm glad you like it!!! I have your meteor on my desk (on perfb. again) waiting for some j201's...i'll post the results when it become...

Again sorry ="_tmy poor english, regards.

Kleber AG