That Corporation filter from VCA chip

Started by StephenGiles, May 01, 2004, 12:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

http://www.thatcorp.com/datashts/dn130.pdf
Have a look at this - could be some mileage in it. Beware........no fuzz boxes!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

ExpAnonColin

Very nice!  We need more non-fuzz designs around here.  uP=Universal power?  Seems like it goes where the VC input does in figure 1, which wouldn't make much sense.

-Colin

DouglAss

"mu" P  is industry shorthand for microprocessor

when you see the funny looking u (the Greek letter "mu") think "micro" (1/1000000 or small)
not "u something"

ExpAnonColin

Ah, it's a U on the schematic, that's what got me.  Thanks for clearing it up.

-Colin

DouglAss

typeface limitation -- One problem with using the character "mu" is that is moves from code page to code page where "u" typically doesn't

so you'll see "u" used a lot for "mu" - I probably see "u" used more often than the extended character "mu"

Here's a quick trick to tell -- look at capacitors and look for ICs -- that will show you the difference used in that schematic

sometimes you'll see "mu" as italic "u"  

in the example, another cue is the DAC

puretube

maybe (probably) there are better s/n ratios to get out of the use of those "Thats" VCAs instead of OTAs with integrators,

it should be noticed for the newbies however,
that the depicted application note is for 6dB/oct filters,
of which you need 2 to build a LP/BP/HP (+notch)
for suitable "wah"-effects...

StephenGiles

Ummmmm, I was thinking of a 24db/octave filter, driven by the front end of either the EH Crashpad or Spacedrum - very clever circuit don't you think?
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

puretube

how about 48dB/oct., to check out if 6 of the chips are matched closely enough, and put it after some xK buckets delay-line as tracking filter?

StephenGiles

I've been thinking about the EH Spacedrum circuit among other things, and it's about to guest on my breadboard for reasons to be disclosed anon!
Stephen

Vsat

BTW those circular brass piezo-beeper plates out of watches etc make great replacement sensors for Space Drums... the original Rochelle salt crystal cartridges crumble when temps get above a certain value.... or deteriorate if they get wet. The beeper plates use a ceramic element and are very durable.
Cheerio, Mike

puretube

funny: I recently got an e-mail from the the "That`s" representative I contacted in May last year (!) @ the AES Berlin, offering some samples...

too bad I`m so occupied lately  :evil:

niftydog

µ = mu = micro = holt ALT, type 230 on your number pad, release alt.
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

spudulike

useful ... ¼ ... ½ ... â,,¢ ... Æ' ... √ ... © ... and the favourite Ω

:D

Fret Wire

Interesting data sheet, thanks. :)

{ Ω Y ╚ 7 ª z o ▐ M ╝+Ãœ ╝+ Ãœ ○ x τ ô ☻q├ T σ Æ' e
Cool 8). I'm not computer literate, where is the directory of these symbols?
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)