Time to introduce...

Started by free electron, May 02, 2004, 06:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

free electron

... myself.
Hello Guys!
I live in Poland (already checked on the map). I've been reading this forum for a couple of years and finally I decided to uncover some of my works. This forum was always a great inspiration for me, so BIG THANKS to You Guys!
Some words about me... I'm 28 years old,  my guitar adventure has started about 11 years ago, electronics adventure even earlier, in primary school. So it was a matter of time - I started to build guitar effects. Today I design and make effects, tube preamps/amps (especially hi-gain ones) for my friends musicians. Also, last months my very old idea came into reality - no more dancing among boxes - universal MIDI Switchng System for a guitar player. First one is ready and working.
Last night I did a quick translation of my page:
hexe Guitar Electronics
As You can see I'm attentive reader, T-Transfer method is great!
Other fields of my interests are speaker simulation, combining together the old and the new - tubes and microcontrollers, other audio electronics like mic preamplifiers, dynamic processors. To bad that day has only 24 hours.. to bad.. ;)
Now I'm working  on quite complicated stompbox - Dual Driver. It has TS type overdrive and DS1 type distortion  with a lot of mods. Here's  photo, and PCB with some components. 90%  of resistors are SMD on the bottom side. Two footswitches, remote control input and one switch do change direction TS->DS, DS->TS, four clipping types for DS, switchable first gain stage and counpling capacitors. And of course a lot of problems with oscillations  I have to solve ;)
Glad to be here :)
Regards
Peter

maximee

hi peter!

cool to have another experienced member here :)
i just hecked your website and listened to the tremolo...sounds pretty cool!
but what exactly is that "slow attack" feature?

nice enclosure finishes too :)

Flo

PS: the space booster sound example 1 is a slayer ripoff :)

YouAre

Man, i love your soundtank, can i get a schematic of that thing?

free electron

thanks!

Slow Attack - oscillator starts with delay after picking. Sounds cool in autopan mode.

Slayer ripoff? ;) and what about  this one ? :) It's Troll's ancestor - C-monster (4049 based) recorded through modded LHX Fender Cabinet Emulator.
Regards
Peter

YouAre

I like that heavy bassy tone, bands like opeth, so your tube tank looks utterly godly to me, i really wanna build somethign like that, can i get teh schem?

el duderino

wow your pedals look amazing especialy the ube tank with the corigated crippy sheet metal  8)

really cool :idea:
you can keep my finger nails clean

Mike Burgundy

warning: OT
Perhaps a silly question, but please humour me
How far=spread is the net in Poland? My girlfriend just went to Poland for a work-project (involving wood-and country-side-preservation), her phone gave out rather terminally and I'd like to reach her.

Hal

wow, those are sweet builds :)

always nice to have some1 else named peter around here....

Marcos - Munky

Great site. I liked the boxes a lot.

RDV

Wow! Your stuff really nails the Nu-Metal sound. A Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier in a little stompbox.

Regards

RDV

Lonestarjohnny

Hi Peter, Some Killer sounding pedal's, Listened to all the soundtracks, I'm into minor riffin, like that South of the Border type stuff, your pedals sound great through such a Pussycat of amp like you were using.
JD

Peter Snowberg

Welcome to the forums Peter, :D

Great work on your pedals and your site!

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

MarkB

You designed and built that MIDI Switcher!?

Very nice, indeed!!!
"-)

free electron

YouAre:
Sorry, since I'm selling them I'd like not to post entire schematic, but I can give you some hints how to bulid one:
1. input buffer
2. 1st boost/eq stage-you can chose a little modified 900Hz boost stage from MetalZone. Here are some examples. This is part of my "primary" homepage, not yet translated, but you can see schematics..
3. Opamp clipping stage, I use red LEDs in feedback loop
4. Tube part - two gain stages, and 470k/470k divider between them
5. Tone stack
6. output buffer/speaker simulator

Tube tank uses two-transformer way to produce high plate voltage. The little one is connected backwards and works as voltage multiplier. Take a look at Mesa V-twin schematic - the same idea.
Regards
Peter

free electron

Mike:
She should go to the nearest bigger town and look for Internet cafe. It shouldn't be a problem to find one.

RDV:
:) I'm rather into old school metal sound, you know, thrash, heavy;) About 15 may there will be a demo CD of one band released, here in Poland. They've recorded guitars with TubeTank, having a half stack Mesa DR in studio ;) Don't know why..;)

JD:
This Pussycat little amp has a teeth of a bulldog. It's all tube, 4 channels, serial/parrarel effects loop, speaker simulation, triode/pentode mode. Here are some photos. Every switch function in this amp is controlled by uC (cheap atmel 89c2051) :) Made for homerecording, 5W tube power amp is enough for that..

MarkB:
yes, that's my project. It took some time to develop it, but finally it works. And that's not the end of course. I'm working on midi controlled volume/wah unit, some footcontrollers etc. Here's inside look.

maximee

OT :

free electron: since you are from poland and into metal kind of stuff you probably  have heard of RAN guitars? are they any good?
compared to ESP prices they are such a bargain...you can get a fully customized guitar for as low as 800 bucks...equipped with all the goodies such as neck thru, EMG 81/85, custom headstock and so on...
too bad you can't get your hands on one of those here in germany...

free electron

yes, I've heard of them, and I've read a lot of reviews on polish newsgroups.  One conclusion: I do not recommend, you can get something diffrent than you wished for/ordered. Some people say they're good, but without testing I wouldn't buy that guitar.
Regards
Peter

maximee

oh...thats a major drawback...

and i also would be scared to ask for a refund if they had dlivered me to wrong guitar...just have a look at this guy..

luckily i am totally satisified with my gibson sg standard ATM :) and it was even half the price of a RAN  :)

well...but this is going way too much OT now

[/img]

Lonestarjohnny

Peter,
I thought maybe that Phrase Would get you to show more of the rig that made all those good sounds I was listening to, Who ever built the amp nailed the tone for the guy playing the guitar, your pedal's have a very destinctive tone, but also some praise for the amp builder also, very nice lookin amp also.
JD
PS. I worked with 2 Electronic Tech's from Poland in Russia Several years ago, Both gentlemen were superb tech's, Poland should be so lucky!

puretube

...to go off-topic even more: maximee, are you the other guy that
buys footswitches @ "Feller" in the Marquardsenstrasse?

Ever saw the "E-Werk-Band" live?