To the people at runoffgroove.com....

Started by ejbasses, May 11, 2004, 01:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arno van der Heijden

B Tremblay

I'm not sure.  We didn't include it at any point of our development or testing.  I'd guess that it would knock back the gain a bit.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

Fernando Aguirre

What about an emulation of a Soldano SLO, a Bogner ecstasy or a mesa mark II ?

Your work is amazing

Peter Snowberg

Another natural would be a Dumble.

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Arno van der Heijden

QuoteI'm not sure. We didn't include it at any point of our development or testing. I'd guess that it would knock back the gain a bit.

I was also wondering if the gain control of the second channel influences the first channel (and vice versa). I don't know if this is true for the actual amp, never having played one.

Gary

Quote from: Arno van der Heijden
I was also wondering if the gain control of the second channel influences the first channel (and vice versa). I don't know if this is true for the actual amp, never having played one.

Yes, it does affect the sound with the amp.  Since we went for as simple as we could with the Thunderchief, we did include this.  You could very simply.  You should notice subtle differences in the sound as you play with the second volume.  You could also "jump the channels" like many people did with the amp.  Ofcourse, you'd need atleast three input jacks and all the associated resistors feeding into the first fet.  Also, you'd need to add another input fet to simulate the bass channel.  Both of those fets would tie together via the resistor you mentioned.

You can see why we left this off the Thunderchief.  Far too complicated for a stompbox, IMO.

But please let us know what you find if you do try this.

Doug H

Quote from: GaryYou could also "jump the channels" like many people did with the amp.  Ofcourse, you'd need atleast three input jacks and all the associated resistors feeding into the first fet.  Also, you'd need to add another input fet to simulate the bass channel.  Both of those fets would tie together via the resistor you mentioned.

You can see why we left this off the Thunderchief.  Far too complicated for a stompbox, IMO.

But please let us know what you find if you do try this.

You can also do internal plexi-style jumpering. You can split the input signal into 2 parallel channels, one voiced bright, one voiced dark, ea with it's own vol control. Using the plexi example, dark ch would have series 470k, bright ch would have series 470k/470p on the respective vol pot wiper and would both tie into the next ch input. (These are commonly referred to as "mixer" resistors.) Then you dial in the bright/dark mixture with the volume controls. See the "november lite" schem at ax84.com for reference.

I've experimented with this sort of thing and it works pretty well. This will save you the real-estate of extra jacks and screwing around with jumpers.

Doug