OT, Show Tomorrow... oh my...

Started by Somicide, May 11, 2004, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somicide

My band's first show is tomorrow, at our high school... stress aplenty!  Wish me luck!
Peace 'n Love

Peter Snowberg

8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  
:D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D
8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  
:D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D

Break a leg! (that's good luck in show business)

Remember you're there to have fun it's going to work out fine.

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

jrc4558

bwanasonic

Don't stress: Just bring the Rock & Roll, and the sex and drugs will take care of itself :twisted:

Kerry M

The Tone God

Ah I remembered the first time I played in front of the high school crowd and that was not too long ago I might mention. We played Voodoo Child (Slight Return) with over 500 people packed in the auditorium. My guitar solo at the end resulted in a chunk of the ceiling falling. The school paper used the term "umm...loud" three times in the review.

Good memories. :)

Andrew

aron

One time I was playing in front of the High School. I borrowed my friend's Mark 1 Boogie and used a 4X12 cab. Man, I cranked that thing so loud it was totally uncontrollable!!!!! Feedback, LOUD NOISE, everything.

I loved it!!!!!! I probably sounded horrible but whatever!!!!!

Marcos - Munky

Good luck!!! I didn't got one day to do a concert in the school yet (I played only two songs), but hope this year something happens.

Hal

i would share my horror stories of playing at school, but i think i'll spare you!  

Just remember: Bring an extra extention chord...:-D

Good luck, have fun!!!

Alex C

That sounds great., good luck.  Here's my story: my first time playing at my high school was on some sort of national pride day (I forget what it was).  We had an assembly in the gym, and we said the pledge of allegiance, then I got to play the national anthem.  Just me, my wah pedal, and my guitar (and a gym full of sweet reverb!).  I was inspired by Joe Satriani's version before a San Francisco Giants baseball game (I think you can still watch it on his website  www.satriani.com ).  Good memories.  Have fun!

Alex

jrc4558

So, how was it? I guess we all awnt to know, right?

petemoore

He'd seen them use before...dohh.
 Somehow they managed to plug in My 12 channel Biamp Board [big thing] into 220v [440?] or something, causing a small puff of smoke.
 The lead songstress just refused to sing through the Plexi, except there was really no escape from it...lol.
 These lead Plexi's can make voices sound pretty loud. Just different though, than through the mixer, active Xover, etc.
 There are usually people who've seen everything before, and notice if you can 'maintain'.... a good pace, and even course, when the road disappears.
 The second set was better tho, a spare board had [magically] appeared.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Nasse

:oops: I was playing at school party some 30 years ago. I asked a girl if she would go to that party with me. She said something "I have something else, maybe some other time". Told her "Our band plays at the party". Girl said "Can I bring my girlfriend with me too" :oops:
  • SUPPORTER

gtrmac

the only thing I can remember about my first High School show was that a female classmate came over afterwards and said that her friend Wendy wanted to meet me. Wendy was a doll! We were a couple for quite some time after that. Actually, I met my wife at a gig come to think of it.