Rocktek ODR-1... great potential for $19 new...

Started by Phorhas, May 14, 2004, 12:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phorhas

Hi guys...

I played with this little box today and A/Bed it with a boss SD-1. I must say that for $19 it could be a great little modding project. by the sound and feel of it, I think it too is an OA FB loop clipper (but with harder clipping)... so it should be interesting... maybe I'll get to have a glance inside, and verify that...

Just a thought...

Redards, Dan.
Electron Pusher

Alpha579

I was looking at one of those, they look cool...
If you could get a schematic for that, that would be awesome...
Alex Fiddes

Phorhas

I don't think I would buy one in the neer future (unlees maybe for $10 used... LOL)

But, I'll ask the guy in the shop to have peek at it and see if I was correct, assuming it too, is a TS clone of a sort.
Electron Pusher

LH

Quote from: Alpha579I was looking at one of those, they look cool...

If the Rocktek ODR-1 is a clone of the Nobels ODR-1, you can find its (or any Nobels pedal's) schematic at the Nobels website.

Alpha579

Quote from: LH
Quote from: Alpha579I was looking at one of those, they look cool...

If the Rocktek ODR-1 is a clone of the Nobels ODR-1, you can find its (or any Nobels pedal's) schematic at the Nobels website.
Cool, whats their web address?
Alex Fiddes

LH

Quote from: Alpha579Cool, whats their web address?

http://www.nobels.com/en/index.htm

Click on "Support" on the left-hand menu, then click on "Schematics" on the top side of the right-half of the screen.

After doing some quick research on the net (and find virtually no info), I don't think the Rocktek ODR-1 is a clone of the Nobels ODR-1. I think I have it confused with some other company that clones Boss pedals... :oops:

Phorhas

OK... I took a glimpse at the PCB today... and boy was I surprised...

A JRC4558D, All of the caps were greenies (part of a couple in the switching and a 100pf in the OA FB loop) - it has two 1n4148s in the feedback loop and one going to ground from the OA's output. I saw a CD4xxx 14 legged chip, 3 small trapezoid FETs and one BC543 (I think... it was BC5... something :)...

Look to me like a hot rodded Son-of-Screamer... not to shabby for a $19 unit... (wih better quality parts than most non-boutique boxes!!!

Wow... you should have seen the look on my face when I took it apart... JRC and Greenies... $19... I think I oughtta get me one and dig in deep!
Electron Pusher

AL

Hey Phoras !!!

Do you know what the # is on the FET's? Are they the same as the Nobels ODR-1? I've got a blown ODR-1 (what are friends for huh?) and I need to repair it but Nobels is a German company and the FET's are pretty much non-existent in the US (as far as I know). I can't find them anywhere. But, if I can get working pedal with the same fets I can do some "surgery".  Thanks

AL

Phorhas

Sorry there man... I only got a glimpse...

but, I've seen that Fet in kind in stereos... if that helps in anyway...
Electron Pusher

smoguzbenjamin

Quote from: ALwhat are friends for huh
Friends are for loaning out your pedals and getting them back broken :mrgreen:
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

AL

Friends are for loaning out your pedals and getting them back broken Ha Ha !!! Yeah that about sums it up.

Phorhas - well, for $20 I may just give one a try. Where did you purchase this pedal? The big distributors (in the US) don't seem to carry that brand. Thanks

AL

Ben N

• SUPPORTER

Ben N

• SUPPORTER

Phorhas

I don't have it... I gave it a (long) run at a store (and that's where I opened it up)

but I saw somewhere on the net... don't remember exactly, but I'll try and look it up
Electron Pusher

Fret Wire

Don't forget Arion also. Musician's Friend always rotates a 14.99 special amongst most of the Arion line. Right now it's the tubeulator, Mono Distortion, and Stereo Phaser.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=040402075218069166032191518093/g=guitar/s=effects/search/b=1106
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)