News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Metal Film??

Started by Fret Wire, May 15, 2004, 06:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fret Wire

Are these metal film? They're 20ohm, 1%, made by Dale. I've never seen these type before. I definately have one of the most awsomely useless collection of resistor values on the planet.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

sir_modulus

sir_modulus

Lonestarjohnny

High Dollar,Metal film for sure Fretwire, they come in all kinds a color's, but I've yet to get anybody to tell me if that means anything or not.
JD

Fret Wire

Thanks guys.  Sorry about the poor lighting, they're dark tan/light brown.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

RedHouse

What exactly are those? (part series/type/numbers) do you have a Dale part number?

I've been looking for those types, I want to use some in an amp circuit buy can't find them, exactly.

(don't happen to have a Mouser numvber do ya?)

Fret Wire

This is what they have printed on them:

Dale
C55-39
20ohm
1% TI

I don't know if they'd be worth the bother for amps when you can get regular 1% metal film easy. No Mouser #'s, I got them in bag of assorted values.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Hal

i wonder what the power rating on those is...

Fret Wire

Looks like they are special purpose flame proof.

http://www.vishay.com/docs/31031/cmf5539.pdf

Edit: on second thought it looks like these: :?:

http://www.vishay.com/docs/31018/cmfind.pdf
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

freebird1127

Metal Films are readily available in many resistances from digikey as well -->  www.digi-key.com

I buy a lot of stuff from them.
Evan Haklar
What's the difference between incompetence and indifference?  I don't know and I don't care!

RedHouse

Yeah I can get 1% metal film all over the place, but I was looking for those particular ones for a friend's amp, he saw them used in Mojo amps (or some amp) and wanted them in his mod'ed Marshall.

Fret Wire

Mouser does have them. Look under Vishay/Dale CMF series metal film resistors. Use the CMF-55 number as a starting point.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

R.G.

Quotehe saw them used in Mojo amps (or some amp) and wanted them in his mod'ed Marshall.

...ROTFL...  

One day in the power supply design group, our secretary comes marching into the lab and says in all seriousness "Hey, guys - what color is a capacitor?"

...ROTFL...

Tell your friend that it's not the brand of resistor or the color that counts. If he refuses to believe you, then tell him you have some special wiring that Jimi used in his Marshalls that makes the sound much more (insert anything he falls for here) and that you'll sell him some for $85 a foot.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.