total sonic annihilation: again!

Started by runmikeyrun, May 15, 2004, 11:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runmikeyrun

Okay folks, got a quick and easy question regarding the TSA:  Do you need to use a specific type of effect to make it work?  I've built one from 4 different schematics, the last two have at least worked in that signal goes through, but when on the knob only controls the volume.  I am trying it with a distortion and delay pedal at this time, do i need a different type of effect like a flanger or something?  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Mike
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

Ansil

with the distortion on a half way setting turn the volume up a little over half on the dist pedal when you engage the pedal it should slowly start to osiclate you may have to adjust the tsa pot..  it works best if you put a hot signal into the tsa first.. so you know what you are working with.

smoguzbenjamin

Using a buffer to stop the signal bypassing the whole thing is also handy. What you do is place a unity gain bufferfor return to send and you're fine. It does negate the point of it being passive but ok :D
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Marcos - Munky

I tried it with distortion and flanger, and it works great. No effect with a booster (in the loop). Mine works with the first schematic that I used.

puretube

on some occasions, an inverting buffer (-1x) may yield interesting sounds...

smoguzbenjamin

You could switch between an inverting and non-inverting buffer with a switch... like a phase selector or something :D

puretube

smoguzbenjamin

That should open a whole lot of new possibilities.... Sounds like fun to try out. Darnit I gotta buy some more jacks n stuff :mrgreen: