News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Rocket Fuzz

Started by StephenGiles, May 16, 2004, 02:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Phorhas

Is the link OK?

I can't seem be able to open it...
Electron Pusher

Hal

i think i've heard of the rocket fuzz before, even though the schematic doesn't look familiar...

is it just me, or does it look like a Fuzz Face with a simple NPN boost in front of it?  I could be _totally_ off the mark here...

Lonestarjohnny

You gotta copy and paste in your headr bar to get the pdf,
JD

Michael Allen

I believe this is Aron's mod of a Gus Smalley fuzz face variant.....

RDV

petemoore

This is the Schematic I used RDV.
 Really good sounding Fuzz with this one too. I don't really know what tappenned to mine...Hmmm...anyway, it's been a while since I've heard one, Rocket Fans.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

RDV

I whip my Rocket out every now & then!  :wink:

Regards

RDV

javacody

So this is what Ace Frehly was talking about in that Rocket Ride song?

LP Hovercraft

The Rocket is a fine sounding circuit and a very easy & time efficient build.  I keep the bias control as a knob on the face of my pedal because starving the emitter voltage to those 2N5088's will make them sound frizzy and velcroey.  You can get some stanky vintage fuzztone that way.  Do any of you know of mod suggestions?  Is it a good idea to put a germanium transistor in with those bludgeoning bruising 2N5088s?  Aron's Hornet is a bad mambajamba too.  I want to try out the Shaka series that he has.

RDV