Why people hates Line & and POD????????

Started by Prive, May 18, 2004, 05:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilcaccillo

Quote from: cd on May 19, 2004, 11:49:38 AM
Anyone know anything abou the Yamaha Magicstomp?

I know that the Yamaha Magicstomp is a great sounding unit

vigilante397

Dude, that question was from 14 years ago :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

ilcaccillo

blackieNYC

The Cicada awakes!
I have to believe that "amp modeling" has improved greatly.  The reason being that Improvement is the only direction left. 
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

fryingpan

Quote from: ilcaccillo on March 25, 2018, 12:33:54 AM

I'll answer just because. I believe that the Magicstomp was miles better than other comparably priced digital multiFX units. It was decent and capable of decent sound. The reverbs are usable and not thin and "low-res", ditto for the delays, it is capable of some chaining and you can get some nice "shimmery" reverbs and stuff. The amp sims are nothing special (even though I managed to program a very nice bass fuzz), the compressors are nice. It is supposedly "24-bit" but the effects themselves are simplicistic because of the low horsepower of the DSP. (Even though the FX have lots of parameters but the filters and waveshaping are "cheap"). It's somewhat noisy and many effects cause a drop in volume. All in all, not worth spending more than €50 or so for one today.

aron

Line 6 became part of Yamaha (I think). Wonder how the latest pedals/amps sound?

ilcaccillo

Quote from: fryingpan on April 14, 2018, 07:30:22 PM
Quote from: ilcaccillo on March 25, 2018, 12:33:54 AM

I'll answer just because. I believe that the Magicstomp was miles better than other comparably priced digital multiFX units. It was decent and capable of decent sound. The reverbs are usable and not thin and "low-res", ditto for the delays, it is capable of some chaining and you can get some nice "shimmery" reverbs and stuff. It's somewhat noisy and many effects cause a drop in volume. All in all, not worth spending more than €50 or so for one today.

Im still using a Magicstomp nowadays, reverbs and delays sound really good, and even though I have a lot of overdrive/distortion/fuzz pedals that I like the sounds the magicstomp is capable in that department are particularly good also.

For 50€ I would say buy as many units as you can