Cases - make your own

Started by M0n0mania, May 19, 2004, 03:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryanscissorhands

Don't forget that shape can have almost as much to do with strength as thickness does. I take medieval plate armor aasn my example. You could bend a flat sheet of the metal they use for armor with your hands. however, with all of the curves and ridges it can withstand the force of a pole with the weight of a man at the speed of two horses in mid-gallop. I knew a guy who made historical copies of full palte armor, and he said that the ridges and decorations were great for making it look cool, but really provided the structural strength that he needed.

bioroids

Hi guys, thanks for your advice!

I know the shape and size has a lot to do with it.

I'm currently using stainless steel (430) 0.8mm but planning to switch to aluminum, though I don't know if it would cost more or less (lets hope is less!)

Luck!

Miguel
Eramos tan pobres!

hair force one

This is my last build. it's empty and needs one more paintjob,
and this is the way i'm making it when i feel to lazy to go to the big industrial workshop: http://partouze.chez.tiscali.fr/stomp/empliage.htm (file under easy metal sheet bending tutorial) easy and cheap !

bioroids

Wow that's a pretty great tutorial! Very good info and very nice page!
And good-looking pedals also!

Thanks for sharing

Miguel
Eramos tan pobres!

Torchy

Hal

man...can't wait for college....I'll start making boxes then :-D.

HFO - what do you plan on putting in there...?

hair force one

something like different stages that can be switched on and off:
opamp-tone-control / Germanium booster / diodes back to back stage / parametric hissing stage (!!) / galvanic output dial (and built in power supply), my first steps into tranny biasing and impedance matching.