Stage Center Reverb Build Report

Started by Johnny G, May 21, 2004, 03:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny G

I've had an accutorinics reverb tank sitting around for about 6 months now and ive always been meaning to do something with it. i got it out of a big 100Watt carlsbro bass amp that i got from my school becase it was dead.

so yesterday i go into my electronics labs, find the ONLY quad opamp in the entire place and build it using the PCB layout from GGG

first things first, this thing sounds amazing. the reverb tank i have is the longest delay that accutronics does (its a 4 spring, input impedance of 150ohms) and i can go from really subtle presence through slight slap back all the way to dolphin sounds with it.

the circuit i mocked up was basically just to test it out and see how well it worked and now i know it does im planning on changing the circuit a bit and putting the whole thing in a box to sit under my amp (basically gonna have it as a rack unit)

eventual plan is to have bass and treble tone controls on the reverb and change the way the Wet and Dry signal are mixed. as well as that im thinking of having a remote footswitch that i can use for bypassing it tho thats something for a bit later

Regards

JG
LET US INSTIGATE THE REVOLT,DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM!

FeDomic

Can this thing be used on the FX Loop of a tube amp, or just between a rack mounted preamp and a power amp?

Peter Snowberg

You should be able to use it in an effects loop without problems. It may even perform better there. :)

Just watch the levels so you don't get clipping in the effects loop and reverb away!way!way!way!way!way!way!

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

petemoore

Fender 8ch Mixer that would work reverb tanks, according to the directions, and using an extra tank, [one for each reverbed channel would be optimum but] really helps out the mix compared to mixing channels into the one built in reverb.
 Separate reverbs have advantages mix wise..
 Sounds like a heck of a reverb. Some reverb tanks barely even effect much...the built in half tank on my bud's Mesa Mark III...not a heavy reverb to be had there by any stretch.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Johnny G

the plan for putting it in a wooden box with the tolex covers was so that when i eventually do get an amp with an effexts loop ill be able to sit this ontop of it and have it plugged in at the back

and this thing definatelly has an effect, last night i was playingaround with my distortion pedal before it and the digital delay on my amp set to the longest it'll do. using the volume knob to get rid of any attack yielded even stranger noises. by friend commented on how playing a power chord, violining it up and then bending all the strings sounded like the creaks from the submarine in U571 lol
LET US INSTIGATE THE REVOLT,DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM!

smoguzbenjamin

I have a reverb tank, it's a short 2-spring AB tank, and the board made. Now to get my lazy backside to wire the whole thing together, as it is in a little preamp I made. Gotta get some more MAX1044s for my power amp and all I need is a cab and some speakers! Woot!

Right now to get my lazy ass soldering. You guessed it, I don't like offboard wiring... :x
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Aharon

This is my Stage Center Reverb,I changed a couple of resistor values to get the levels right but it's a nice reverb and easy to build.
Aharon

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/liv_energy/detail?.dir=/My+Photos&.dnm=DIY+Stage+Center+Reverb.jpg
Aharon