12ax7 pinout ???

Started by petemoore, May 24, 2004, 11:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Sorry, I lost the page with all the cool starter info for DIY tube builds.
 I did fina a 12ax7 pin out chart...
 Looks like a clock, with pin one at the 7:30 position, and pin 9 at the 5:30 position...only thing is, which way am I looking at it...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Lonestarjohnny

Pete, Hold the tube up and look into the pin's with the gap pointed at 12 noon, starting from the gap the pin on the right will be 1, count clockwize to 9,  :D
JD

petemoore

Dohh, I think I got it...
 Looking from the bottom of the tube...space at top. clockwise count 123456789 [9 would be to the left of the space]...no need to post further unless I'm all wrong...
 Thanks for the response JD !

Lonestarjohnny

Pick the tube up, point the bottom of the tube at your face, look straight into the pin's, point the Gap up 12 noon like a clock, pin 1 will be on the right side of the Gap, count clockwise to nine, sorry bout the previous post, Im having problem's trying to decide what to do about a tonestack problem I'm fighting with, I'm not to good at decideing what I should do to it,
JD

Lonestarjohnny

Pete, if you have a 9 pin tube socket laying around look at the bottom of it, it;ll be #'ED,
jd

petemoore

do I understand i think...
  All the triangles tie together....and also go to what would be 12AC but to the negative?...I don't see any polarities on the 12 AC...so hook the triangles up.
 The points marked B just tie together also...[?]
 So that leaves the V- and V+
 I think if I understood better what's going on around all the 470uf caps....PS section....is that some kind of voltage changer? 12AC goes in...what comes out at V+ and V-?
 Then after the only thing left...there's the heater hookups !!!...lol, well I hope soon to have learned enough to know my way around a 12ax7 a little bit anyway.
 Oh and what does the OA use for power?

sir_modulus