VOX WAH Mods- nice!

Started by gtrmac, May 25, 2004, 10:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtrmac

I had modded my V-847 a couple of years ago with a DPDT sw. for bypass and a Dunlop pot and although it worked OK I have never been thrilled with the sound of it in general.

So I ordered a Red Fasel inductor from Small Bear and some BC109B's from Stuart Castledine and put them in along with the resistor mods from Stuart's site.

Now I'm happy. Before it had far too much distortion for my taste, even with a clean setting on the amp. Now, when you want that clean sweep for a funk riff it's there and it also sounds good with an overdrive.

The only other complaint about this pedal is the switch pop with the DPDT and I'm going to see if I can get that solved now.

u1061810

Ditto on those resistor mods.I couldn't believe what a dramatic change in sound those resistor changes made.
 I also put a little toggle switch in it to cut the ground connection on the 4.7uf cap, which turns it into a volume pedal.

modmod

Quote from: u1061810Ditto on those resistor mods.I couldn't believe what a dramatic change in sound those resistor changes made.
 I also put a little toggle switch in it to cut the ground connection on the 4.7uf cap, which turns it into a volume pedal.

what is "resistor mod"  ?

u1061810

gtrmac

I just wanted to add that a 2.2 meg resistor between the input cap and ground seems to eliminate the loud pop when switching the unit in. I don't notice any change in the performance of the pedal with this.