can J202 sub J201?

Started by crawler486, May 28, 2004, 08:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jered

Whatever Brian can't supply I'd be more than happy to send. PM me with your address and any info I'll need. The guy I get my fets from is about a mile away so its very convenient for me to get them any time.
Jered

crawler486

WOW that's very kind of you BRIAN and JERED.

Can you send me 2n5089 instead?
I tried using the j202 and it sounds good. Have not compared it to J201 though.

I've been looking for 2n5089 everywhere but still no luck.
Many many many many thanks!!

Here's my Mailing Info.
Jason Sta Catalina
Devco Philippines Inc.
Bldg.28 Narra Lane
Philexcel Business Park
Clark Special Economic zone
Pampanga, Philippines 2009

zener

Quote from: crawler486WOW that's very kind of you BRIAN and JERED.

Can you send me 2n5089 instead?
I've been looking for 2n5089 everywhere but still no luck.

So, you can't find the 2N5089 in our place? Me too :( . If ever, I would want to have the 2N5089 more than the J201, granting that the J201 has no significant difference in sound to the J202. I have a place where I can buy 2N5088 but from what I've learned here, 2N5089 is better. I can build high-gain distortions out of 2N5089 and ROG amp emulations out of the J201.

Hmmm, misfortune for us in the Phil. to only have j202 and 2n5088 instead of their better counterparts, j201 and 2n5089
Oh yeah!

crawler486

zener , what other components u have trouble looking for?

some components I can't find in manila I found in a small electronics
store here in Angeles.

Brian Marshall

hey guys, in a couple weeks i will put an order togther.... before i do, i will post a thread, and ask you what you guys want.  If anyone else is in other places needs help, ill try to accomidate.  Only really small parts though, has to fit in an envelope

zener

Quote from: crawler486zener , what other components u have trouble looking for?

some components I can't find in manila I found in a small electronics
store here in Angeles.

You've been into Manila, where? what stores?

I'm really into high-gain distortions, so 2N5089 or MPSA18 is what I would wish to find. 2N5088 is quite noisy. I just got into thinking that ROG amp emulations would enhance my big muff, multi-face and sansamp gt2 as it is feed into my Little gem. I just bought 2 j202 before and had them in my wah. A buffer has only a single jfet while an ROG amp emulation can have as many as five or six, so the perceived difference, even small, may become significant because of the number of jfet, I don't know :roll: .  2N5089 or MPSA18 and J201 that's all so far :wink: .

Quote from: Brian Marshallhey guys, in a couple weeks i will put an order togther.... before i do, i will post a thread, and ask you what you guys want. If anyone else is in other places needs help, ill try to accomidate. Only really small parts though, has to fit in an envelope

Once again, thanks a lot Brian. Someone has already offered me to give me some j201, so I would just "wish" for the 2N5089 or MPSA18. I will try to think for anything else, but I think that's probably it otherwise, it may be too much already. I still have lots of single and dual opamps that can also be used in high-gain distortions..

Thank you very much :P  :D  :P  :D  :P   :D  :P  :D  :P
Oh yeah!