News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

transistor

Started by Tone Monster, May 31, 2004, 10:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tone Monster

i'm having a problem to find a right trans 2N5088/2N5089.What's a same trans should i replace.I'm trying to make Boss DS-1 mods by tonepad.com and i also want to hear it sound of anyone who ever make it.

petemoore

IF its used as a buffer, 5089 is a good low noise choice, though I've tried any NPN [just about] and couldn't tell much if any difference except maybe noise level.
 If it's used as an amplifier, you probably want something with high gain like 5088/5089...5089 might be too high gain?
 Look up the Data sheet on the 5088, other than being a small signal NPN, the noise/gain is where it differs most compared to other Small Signal NPN's...I'm just typing here from experience..I'm no expert, if you can get 5089's or workalikes..MPSA18 or NTE subs, you'll probably find you like working with them.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Eric H

Quote from: Tone Monsteri'm having a problem to find a right trans 2N5088.What's a same trans should i replace.I'm trying to make Boss DS-1 mods by tonepad.com and i also want to hear it sound of anyone who ever make it.
The 2n5210 that you see in J C Maillet's schematics is a good sub.

-Eric
" I've had it with cheap cables..."
--DougH