new pedal pics inside.....

Started by Brian Marshall, June 02, 2004, 12:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Marshall

here it is.  The liquid sunshine

I have decided angainst posting the schematic, but will eventually draw it up, and email whoever asks for it some time in the future.  Not sure exactly when, but it will happen eventually.

Brian

jrc4558

Hey, Brian!
That's lovely-looking pedal! What does it do? And how much would you carge for one?

Brian Marshall

i dont want to talk prices, and get all spammy on here.  They will be available at tonefactor.com next week, and i actually dont know exactly what he is going to sell them for yet.

I really just wanted to show off the build, and thanks for the compiments.  They were actually a lot of work... i went through 4 screens before i got it right..... tried tshirt transfers (didnt like them)

Oh, and what does it do?  It is an overdrive with 2 drive knobs.  one overdrives the whole audio range, and one overdrives the upper mids, and highs.  It is pretty low gain, along the lines of a tube screamer, but sounds different.

I actually got the idea of the 2 drive knobs from the ADA MP1, although it has nothing in common but the concept.

crawler486

nice looking pedal!!

Hey Brian thanks again for the stuff. I dont want to publicize the
favor you've given me. I'm afraid everyone else will bug you for it.

:D  :D  :D  :D

Brian Marshall

no prob crawler.....   They go out tomorrow morning....
Im sending 4 j201's

Brian

Sic

nice build!

question tho, what boxes are those? they are nice and tall

Brian Marshall

i think it is just the angle of the shot, and the fish eye effect from being so close.... they are just bb boxes

RDV

Quote from: Brian Marshalli think it is just the angle of the shot, and the fish eye effect from being so close.... they are just bb boxes
You mean b? They look sweet by the way.

Regards

RDV

Brian Marshall

yes.... B that is right......

no wait... i wash the BB boxes on hot, and put them in the dryer for 2 hours..... yeah thats the ticket... the dryer.

Torchy

Cool build ... I like the paint finish, and the logo looks very professional. Is that a water-slide decal ?

The separate boosts for ranges sounds very useful, I hope they are a huge success for you  :D

PB Wilson

Brian- How about a shot of the guts? Not to reverse-engineer your circuit, but to get an idea of how you crammed everything into the small enclosure. Are you using 16mm pots or something smaller? Did you manage to get a battery below the switch? Inquiring minds want to know!

smoguzbenjamin

It surprised me that no-one asked what it does yet! :) So Brian, ahm, what does it do?
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Brian Marshall

torchy:  they are screen printed.  I dont like to use decals usually unless it is a one of a kind type pedal.

PB wilson: I will get a shot of the guts tonight... the pic above was all the batteries in my cam would handle last night.  its on the charger right now.

smoguzbenjamin:  refer to the 3rd post from the top:D

more pics tonight:D:D:D:D

smoguzbenjamin

I really need to get me some glasses. Sorry bout that :D
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

ejbasses

Hey Brian

Nice work! I really like the dual drive control feature.

How does it sound with a bass guitar?
Four Strings To Rule Them All And In The Darkness Bind Them

Torchy

Aha - screen printing - expensive ?
Very impressed with the inside of the box as well, a nice job all round I'd say  8)