sorry..refreshed the page and it re-subitted my earlier post

Started by muizac, June 02, 2004, 12:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muizac

Hi Guys.

First up, what a fanstic website, and secondly I'd like to pass on my thanks to everyone who has contributed schematics of their favourite little boxes of tricks - for a newbie reading about your creations /mods, its certainly got me excitied. (hence sorry for the long mail :))

I've looked at the Carl Martin's delayla XL at http://www.carlmartin.com which has a 1000ms delay time (but im unsure whether its true analogue or not), does anyone know what the crucial chip/part is to build my own pedal that can go to 1000ms delay time? (a PT2399 is digital and goes to 800m/s doesnt it?)  Ideally i'd like to build an analogue unit if possible, but i guess my unit will be based either on the memoryman, the pt-80, or the dh echo - as these are the only schematics i've found (assuming i can make them have a longer delay time).  Has anyone had any sucess building any of these pedals, and have you mod'ed them?

I've included information on the mods i want to add to my pedal below - if anyone has any experience in adding these features, or can point me in the right direction of how i can go about doing them, i'd be eternally grateful.

*Putting an eq filter and distortion after the sample has been recordered, so that when it feedbacks back to the delay loop the highs fqs are diminshed and the signal is a bit more dirty - and progessively gets crunchier each time the sample is processed, like a worn tape or 8 bit electronic sampler is timbre.

* Add a way of controlling the feedback level from the sample (after tone and distro) going back into the delay loop without using my fingers. Adding a sort of foot volume pedal would be great I guess, but if not what about adding + 10db boost and a -20db cut stomp switchs? (these feedback loops sound great when they get going, until they kill your amp and your ears start bleeding that is:)

*Add a tempo tap feature like the delayla XL - but also with a numeric display showing the bpm that im tapping with my foot

*Add a 2nd delay / head effect also like the lalyla xl.

*Instead of dialing in the delay time manually in m/s - is it possible to have the delay time set proportionally to the tempo speed? This way i could just set select a delay time from the settings - being 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2 beats of the original sample speed. All i'd need to then was set the tap tempo to 120bpm , program the delay time to 1/2 beats and that would effectivly give me the the same delay time as dialing in 0.25m/s  - but without the maths on stage  :)

phew....again sorry for the long email. I guess this is quite a in depth project, but im keen to make it happen as im frustrated at not being able to these things at the minute. Any expertise you could offer - such as suggestions, parts list, schematics etc would be fantastic. I'll post updates as im going along, and publish the final schematic.

keep rockin - MUiaAC