Tonepad mod,It's Really worked ?

Started by Tone Monster, June 02, 2004, 03:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tone Monster

I'm tryin' to make boss DS-1 Mod by Tonepad.Com.It is really worked or not because from the review it's about just a few people send their review and it seem to have a problem.I think maybe it doesn't worked for other peoples.This is because before this i also made TS9 twice because the first one It doesn't worked and the second one it also not worked (same result as the first).The component and pcb's are same and nothing change.It seem to have doubt in me about to start a new diy stuff.For the information I connected negative terminal of the battery at the entire circuit ground,it is right? because the others method shows negative battery terminal connected to input ring.Also for the information,i'm from Malaysia and makin' the DIY Fx it's very cheaper than buy the finished Fx.A cost of makin' a diy stuff it's about RM 20.00 =  5.27148 US Dollar.The finished Fx RM 170.00 for DS-1 so I'm stand to makin' a diy Fx.But my several DIY Fx Doesn't worked.So I'm need advice of what should i do.

Sorry For the english because i'm a Malaysian

Email me Kalamazoo_86@yahoo.com :lol:

lightningfingers

Welcome to the forums :D

I think a Tube Screamer is a bit of a tall order for a first effect, did you go to the beginner forum and build the booster pedal? if not i would strongly recommend you do that; its easy to buildand sounds good too. then you will learn about how effects work and make your TS work!!

BTW your english is good, i wish i could speak a second language :)

good luck and dont give up, DIY is great and if its cheaper than buying commercial effects then its even better 8)
U N D E F I N E D

Chris Goodson

The Tonepad Tube Screamer layout is good, I've built two with it that worked well.  Check for everthing for mistakes; that is usually where the problem is with buiding new effects.  I'm not sure exactly what your saying about it, but for the battery it's best to use a 1/4" stereo phone jack and connect the battery's negative to the extra terminal.  This way the power is turned off when you unplug it and the battery won't die.

petemoore

Have you tried audio probing and taking voltage measurements from the Actives [opamp and transistors] and ground?
 For a build that will be easier to debug, and give renewed confidence in your abilities, and learning experience, try the Booster, Gus's NPN Boost IIRC, a very nice build, great sounding circuit I think you'll really like, and use.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.