pedal guts pic

Started by Brian Marshall, June 02, 2004, 11:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Marshall

Lonestarjohnny

Nice Job Brian, I like your retaining screw's, No shorts with the plastic one's, good Idea !
JD

Brian Marshall

the plastic ones are a little more expensive, but they are much more forgiving.  if the metal spacers are off by just a bit, they can break off when you tighten down the screws.

i also sprung for the nicer trimpots on this one too.  :D

I dont like those crummy open ones.  I like them insulated.  they also seem more consistant as well.

it has 3 mpf102's in it.  i tried j201's as well but didnt like them as much.  kind of murkey sounding, but that is probably because i designed it for the mpf102's

Lonestarjohnny

I agree with you about the MPF's sounding good, but if you play with the tone cap's a lil and your lookin for that Matchless, Marshall type of tone I think the J201's can be made to sound very much like Those kind of amps,
also I've been playing with a Blender Circuit for more tone control over how bright or dark the pedal sound's, It's a real simple lil circuit, I'm gonna test it some more tomorrow and if it works like my meter say's it will I'll take a pic of it and post it.
JD

PB Wilson

Nice job cramming all that stuff in such a small enclosure. It gives me some ideas about how to deal with some projects in the future. Using similarly sized enclosures, I've put the board along the side standing up (not parallel with the top, but parallel with the side), but I like the idea of using those standoffs. I think I saw some I can get from the local hardware store. Now how about some sound clips!

Paul Marossy

Yeah, those small Hammond boxes can be a bit of challenge. I only use them for very simple circuits.

Brian Marshall

the challenge is what makes it fun.

originally i was going to put 2 boards parallel to the top standing up, but it didnt work out the way i wanted, and there would have been too many wires and stuff.  also the trim pots would be near impossible to get to.

brian

Paul Marossy

It never said that it wasn't fun.  :wink:

RDV

Hey!

Nice .22uF box style cap!  :D

Regards

RDV

Brian Marshall

yeah, i had to shave it down do make it fit.... putting them over on their sides wasnt working because the leads werent long enough to go all the way through the board.

oh, and thanks again for the caps:D

bri

ExpAnonColin

Looks gorgeous-use more different colored wires though :)

-Colin

Brian Marshall

I was origninally going to, but then looked at my depleted wire supply.

I think im going to start only using 3 colors again..... trying to keep track of all the different colors, stocking them, and keeping them consitent for me.

I really need to order some more wire though.... all i have left is a little bit of red, white and yellow.

brian