Tri-Negistor Help

Started by morganpedals, June 03, 2004, 09:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morganpedals

I built it from the schematic here - http://www.moosapotamus.com/tri-negistor/TriNegSchematic.gif

I tried the switching arrangement that moosapotamus used, but couldn't get it to work. I re-built it with just the two on/off switches, and got the oscillators working. I am just getting started, and didn't have much luck when I was poking around with jumper wires and different caps. I do have it wired to a sort of proto board, so it will be easy to change cap values.

I can't get any of the crazy sounds that moosapotamus got on his audio clips. Just the boring osciltors.

I am also interested in any other crazy noise generating schematics that I could build. I like the idea of having a few pedals that make noise by themselves, without a guitar input. Something synth like with lots of knobs and switches.

petemoore

On Tim Escebedo's 'Circuit Snippets' page there's one called UGLYFACE.
 This one is exactly what you described as wanting:
 "crazy noise generating schematics that I could build. I like the idea of having a few pedals that make noise by themselves, without a guitar input. Something synth like with lots of knobs and switches".
  I felt it needed a volume pot, but the only thing the U.Face schematic doesn't have is alot of knobs and switches. I think there's a soundclip around soemwhere for that. can get into 'Space invaders Territory' etc, and self oscillates, does a cool 'knob theremin' too.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

morganpedals

Thanks. I have the Uglyface built except for the VTL5C3, which should be arriving any day.

moosapotamus

Well... I must admit, I went a little knutz with all the buttons and switches. Some have very limited functionality. But, I'll also add that there is a little bit of a soft touch required to play it... the thing definately has some tiny little sweet spots, wide ranges of sounds produced within very small pot adjustments.

Others who have built similar circuits have also reported a great deal of sensitivity to ambient temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, sun spots and moon phases... really.

Quote from: morganpedalsSomething synth like with lots of knobs and switches.
http://www.commonsound.com/triwave.html 8)

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."