Plug pulled on DIY forum!

Started by StephenGiles, June 03, 2004, 03:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

I just found out that the DIY forum over at Recording.org has been pulled. This is a great pity because there were links to some amazing stuff. How anyone could be so petty I simply do not know.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

The Landlord is Dead

Man that sucks. If it wasn't for that forum I'd have never got into DIY. I'm still fairly new to it and that place was a godsend of information.

I have the PCB's for the G1176 compressor and the G9 pre amp. I'm gonna need that forum to get through those projects. Hopefully it or some incarnation of it will be back online.

What a loss if all that info just dissappears. I think the thread on the G1176 alone was at over 100 pages. Crossing my fingers that they'll be able to retrieve it.

mattv

I'd be interested in hearing if it comes back up, or if the users convene elsewhere (away from the fbb, I mean)  :wink:   That looks like a great place for information.

moosapotamus

They've moved. There are a couple of new threads back in Tech Talk with info on where to find them. 8)

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

RedHouse

moosapotamus, please post a link?

MarkB

I had just discovered that forum, too (and quickly found Stephen and Moose over there)

Glad it popped up elsewhere.
"-)

Ringwraith

What happened? Why did it get yanked??

Rotton news!
Sean

moosapotamus

You can read a little bit about it here...
http://www.recording.org/forum15.html
... for now, anyway.

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

Fret Wire

It's a perfect example of why you should never take this forum for granted. :D  :D  

That moderator could have learned a thing or two from Aron and Peter.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

chumpito

I just recently joined there also, went to check it right now and it was gone.  Then I checked here and found this so thanks for the new link moosapotamus.

Ge_Whiz

Gee, what a really NICE bunch we are!

Peter Snowberg

Quote from: moosapotamusYou can read a little bit about it here...
http://www.recording.org/forum15.html
... for now, anyway.

~ Charlie
Wow!  :shock:  :(  :(  :cry:

What a sad thread to read through. Seeing what is happening over there makes me appreciate what happens here all the more.

Thanks to everyone for everything you all do that makes this place different from that place.

It's such a shame.

It's always something I think about and it's often said around here, but after reading that rec.org thread I feel compelled to say it again.....

We're all very lucky to have each other and triple lucky to have Aron supporting this community!

THANK YOU ARON!!!!

It's the thing that nobody wants to hear, but for anybody who can, please consider supporting this forum with either a Pay-Pal donation or if you need web space and are interested in using the same server, you can name this place as a referrer and get diystompboxes some server credit! :D Please PM Aron for specifics on being a referrer. http://www.ipowerweb.com/

Thanks again everybody!

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation