News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Making a PCB

Started by JerryP, June 05, 2004, 09:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryP

Redhouse, wasn't here was it? http://www.wd5gnr.com/pcb.htm I ahve been using this method and it works great for me. As you say, requires a bit of practice.

JerryP

Sorry these relates to an earlier topic, still getting used to using a forum!

Tony Forestiere

I'm glad you posted this! Last night I tried the toner transfer/label backing sheet method for the first time. After reading the link, I realized I was over heating the sheet and not pre-heating the board. BTW...all who gripe about the RatShack 2-sided PCBs, screw up a transfer 4 or 5 times...you won't have to worry about etching THAT side, because YOU'VE ALREADY SANDED ALL THE COPPER OFF BECAUSE YOU'VE SCREWED UP!!!

Great weekend to the pedalheads :D
Tony
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Carl Zwanzig
"Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future." Euripides
"Friends don't let friends use Windows." Me

Davide

i still conitnue to do everything by hand with a permanent pen :D

long.. hard...

but secure and... "artistic" :D

Tony Forestiere

Finally got the label backing transfer right. (Tonepad's "Griton" TS clone.) Pre-heated the PCB blank for 2 minutes between 2 sheets of paper, CAREFULLY applied the transfer, and heated for 30 seconds. Let the transfer cool by itself, (went to get a beer and a smoke :wink: )and it released all by itself! Looked good, but had to touch up a couple a couple of pads/ traces. The etched PCB does look nice though!
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Carl Zwanzig
"Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future." Euripides
"Friends don't let friends use Windows." Me

RedHouse

It may be, can't recall exactly as it was a long time ago but it sure looks quite like it.

I'll Bookmark/Favorite this site anyway.