Weird PCB transfer thing I just found...

Started by Vincent Volta, June 05, 2004, 04:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent Volta

Hi evryone,
I want to share with all of you something I found today. Havent actually tried it yet but I think it might work. If somebody knows this  Id like to know the results you had. I found a "transfer cream" that is used for stamping T-shirts from magazine photos, prints or copies.
It is not suitable for actual pictures cause it ruins the original. The cream somehow removes the print and transfers it to the shirt, using a hot iron to fix the print.
I tried it with a color copy on a cotton cloth, and it  works. It really stinks and the end result looks like a laser stamp T-shirt. I thought of using it for my PCBs, covering the "toner transfer" design and using the blank board instead of the cloth. The obvious problem is, the design will be printed backwards, but Ill figure this out. I will try this and post the results, so in the meantime, what do you think?...
May the yoghurt be with you.

lightningfingers

i dont know how the etching will affect this stuff, but if you have a problem with it being backwards, you could reverse the image in most graphics programs.

dont know how it will hold up against ferric chloride though..........that stuff kills copper right?
U N D E F I N E D

brett

Quotedont know how it will hold up against ferric chloride though..........that stuff kills copper right?
Most non-metals are OK with ferric chloride.  Think of the reaction as an electrical one and you're 9/10ths the way there (why didn't they tell us that in chem at school instead of that "redox potential" jargon?)

have fun
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)