Anyone have an RCA Victor (or Victrola) Amp?

Started by sir_modulus, June 07, 2004, 09:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sir_modulus

Could someone tell me how the ouput trannies are wired?

petemoore

Yes I have one,
 No I don't know about output trannies.
 Yes I too would like to learn about output trannies, and would be willing to try figureing it out from the RCA, it really needs new sockets, at the very least a new case....gettting all the tube pins to stay contacted pretty well was tricky the way I have it in the 'homey' box.
 What kind of information are you looking for?
 Perhaps there's actually a schematic pasted in there...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Lonestarjohnny

If it was a quad of power tube's it would make it easy for me to explain it, but with only 2 power tube's in stereo, it had to be ran in A Class, and that normally mean's that on the Brown and Blue wires that go to your output tube's they would have dead/ended one of those wires, but it being a Stereo, Most of the 2 tubed amps from back in those days were Mono, you might go over to one of the Vintage radio sites and pickup a schematic there if you know what model your looking for,
JD

sir_modulus

JD!!! That's it! The tranies are hooked up to both tubes, but the outputs. From one trans, the first wire goes to speakers. the second wire is tied to the first wire from trans. two. The last wire is unconnected (the trans have 3 ins, two outs). Is there any way to measure these transformers?

petemoore

Mines got 4 x EL84 output tubes [two per side stereo]...must be a different amp.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.