Dano Surf and Turf - Clone of What? CA3080 IC -Ross??

Started by BlackFlag1313, June 07, 2004, 09:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackFlag1313

I recently tore apart a Dano Surf and Turf Comp and was surprised to find many Ross Comp components including a CA3080 IC.  Is this circuit based on a Ross Comp design.  Anyone know?  Any thoughts appreciated.

OT - GO FLAMES!!!!!!! :D

ExpAnonColin

Oui Oui, as is the pepperoni a semi phase 90 clone...

-Colin

dubs

Quote from: BlackFlag1313I recently tore apart a Dano Surf and Turf Comp and was surprised to find many Ross Comp components including a CA3080 IC.  Is this circuit based on a Ross Comp design.  Anyone know?  Any thoughts appreciated.

OT - GO FLAMES!!!!!!! :D
yeah I believe someone here reversed engineered the circuit to be a mxr dynacomp clone.

Peter Snowberg

Does anybody have any pictures of these Dano boards? I'm curious how they're constructed.

Thanks!
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

The Tone God

Quote from: Peter SnowbergDoes anybody have any pictures of these Dano boards? I'm curious how they're constructed.

Are you talking about any Dano board or just the Surf and Turf ?

Andrew

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Peter SnowbergDoes anybody have any pictures of these Dano boards? I'm curious how they're constructed.

Thanks!
-Peter

A corned beef reverb I modified oh so long ago... scuse the switches.  Basically just SMD boards, they use trimpots and then the knobs have phillips heads on the bottom... there's 2 boards, one is all SMD and has the knobs on them, then the top one, I believe, has some voltage regulation sort of stuff... not SMD, pretty sparse.

-Colin

george

I opened mine up, true it has a CA3080 but it hasn't got a 2K trimpot, so there's at least one difference to a Ross/Dynacomp ...

I guess I could take a photo ...

ExpAnonColin

Oh, the switch... basically just a button that pushes down a sort of funky level type big plastic switch... it's on the non SMD board.  The jacks are enclosed plastic ones...

-Colin

Peter Snowberg

Eschew paradigm obfuscation