FYI: nice schematix collection violated copyrights...

Started by puretube, June 08, 2004, 03:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puretube

petemoore

Very complete for a collection.
 That is the High Gain Overdriviest looking Tremolo schematic I've ever seen..lol.
 Most of it looks like a mirror image of other familiar places too.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Yuan Han

pretty nice collection. however.....RG might have something to say about the JFET doubler...foundon the website......

Han

R.G.

There's not much I can say, not that I haven't tried.

The state of law in general in Russia is such that the guy's effectively immune to anything I could do to him. If he were in any copyright respecting country, he'd already have legal action started against him. In the US, for instance, the DMCA provides for damages of up to $100,000 for a *first*  *non-commercial* infringement, irrespective of actual damages. In Europe the monetary damages are different, but they're legally agressive about supporting them.

There are other Russian collections of schematics with essentially nothing in them except the schematics, some to many of which are my work. The Russian authorities refuse to do anything about them - presumably because they have better things to do than support copyright laws.

Sad but true. I have to assume that anything I want not infringed has to stay off the web. That's one reason that the PCB Layout book is hard copy only. If it were in electronic form, it would be posted on the pirate sites semi-instantly. There's a lot of other stuff that I just don't bother to post because it actually has some value, and would be like scattering feathers in the wind to post it.

I realize that this flies in the face of people who think information is and should be free. Sorry - it's the way the world currently is. If you have a problem with that, (a) create something really new interesting and useful and then (b) post it on the web. Experience with do the normal teaching job for you.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

R.G.

Sorry - Poland, not Russia. Same line of approach. There's another such site in the ex-Czechoslovakia, same conditions.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

puretube

Czechia and Poland belong to the European Union since May 1st. ...
(so it`s probably illegal there now, too.)

-removed the link-

Ben N

Hmmm, yeah, isn't respect for intellectual property something of a requirement for EU membership?

Ben
  • SUPPORTER

ExpAnonColin

Amazing collection of schematics...

I guess these are the pro's and con's of making schems... just put copywrights on them, I guess!

-Colin

ExpAnonColin

Hahahaha, when I first read this thread, I thought it said, "Nice!  Schematics connection has violated copywright laws!"  In reference to the site that sells all of the schematics, and that it was good because they weren't free or something.  Took me a bit to figure it out!

-Colin

ExpAnonColin

P.S.-"If you are viewing this on any other site than geofex.com please contact my lawyer, he needs the work"

AWESOME :D

Classic!

-Colin

Mike Burgundy

QuoteThat's one reason that the PCB Layout book is hard copy only.
to all those that didn't get it yet: DO. It's worth it. The only reason it's been sitting on my scanner is my desk-space being to cluttered to store it temporarily. ;)

Dan N

I guess we need to find the link to where he stole the weird Russian circuits and stuff so we can all build the Kaczka(ruska-prosta) fuzz.

EdJ

BillyJ

QuoteI realize that this flies in the face of people who think information is and should be free.

"Phase, amplitude and frequency within an analog circuit can be manipulated, for instance, through the use of diodes, transistors, inductors and capacitors acting alone or arranged in various combinations. Further, the degree to which this is true is well understood and documented. It can be calculated with reasonable accuracy. In that these factors can be calculated, the results might be novel, even ingenious but they are not technically unique. Not trivial, not mundane, but not unique.
So, while the non-technical and interested party may view the activity and results of component selection as one of discovery and creativity, the engineer sees it as simply a calculation successfully executed â€" one that verifies a known relationship.
Because this is true, no “protection” is deserved, indeed, it is not owed nor should it be sought on any grounds insofar as we are talking about the technical fundamentals of the “circuit”.
Of course, this is a position viewed solely from the technical perspective."

This above quote I stole and give no credit for.

QuoteI realize that this flies in the face of people who think information is and should be free. Sorry - it's the way the world currently is. If you have a problem with that, (a) create something really new interesting and useful and then (b) post it on the web. Experience with do the normal teaching job for you.

Gosh RG why don't YOU put out a commercial product and sit back while the scematic gets posted all over?
RG I thought you were all about taking someone elses interesting and useful ideas and posting them on the web?
Well guess what else? The way the world is is that in Russia they don't have the time to deal with the bullshit that is IP.
It is called real problems in a real world.
I realize that flies in the face of those that feel they should own and profit from every little scrap of information and idea they may get struck with.
Sorry- It's the way the world currently is. If you have a problem with that, (a) Suck it up, (b) Keep on crying about it.

Sorry RG it is nothing personal I just don't care to sit aside and pretend I agree with this community at large just to get a little help.
I'd rather be truthful and honest to who I am and call bullshit when I see it.
RG really sorry for you that we have not made the entire world a police state so that you can relax a bit and your precious knowledge (that I take it was educated to you...or was it osmossis?) will be safe.
Yes more control!!! MORE CONTROL!!!! Control is safety, control is safety.
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength!
@#$%ing Pinko Commis!!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

I really think some of you engineer types ought to get some fresh air, real sunshine (nice lab tan though) and maybe see a doctor about getting a healthy does of "GET OVER YOURSELF."

But truth is I own your book. It is a great read, has helped a lot, I own a scanner but will not ever even think about putting on the web.
Not sure what you should make of that fact but I find it interesting to note.

Fret Wire

Quote from: Mike Burgundy
to all those that didn't get it yet: DO. It's worth it. The only reason it's been sitting on my scanner is my desk-space being to cluttered to store it temporarily. ;)

I've wanted RG's book for some time, and I tried, but couldn't register on GEO, or find an email address.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Athin

Dan N - Kaczka(ruska-prosta) is in Polish for duck(Russian - simple) duck is slang for wah, no fuzz there.... but yeath, lets build it!
BillyJ - and exactly how would you feel if someone [from Russia or Poland or the Czech Republic] put up a site with oh... say - you having sex? and let's say all your friends get a link. And when you complain someone tells you "GET OVER YOURSELF". Huh???
[sorry if you got offended - I just couldn't help myself, and since we're getting into sarcasm and friends....]  :mrgreen:
And don't tell me every bit on your PC is legal !!!
DIY XOR die.

David

Athin:

We are not getting into sarcasm and friends.  We are getting into the theft of intellectual property.  Make no mistake.  This is not sarcasm, this is not friendship, this is not legal.

Athin

David : yeath - exactly - [though I actually try and help my firends, even if it means giving them >>THE<< CD for one day :D ]. Maybe we/me/whoever misunderstood each other/something:
BillyJ said  - people steal intellectual property [cuz it's easy]. the world is just like that. You either screw it or cry over it.
I said - and what if the world gangs up on you? @ least try and change it!

oh - and you better get down to making boxes and not reading posts on the forum!!!
DIY XOR die.

David

Athin:

It is clear that you understood me.  It is possible that I misunderstood you.  To me, your last post means that you believe that there is nothing wrong with stealing intellectual property because it is easy to do so and someone who has had intellectual property stolen should just cry about it, and that I and all other members of this forum should just be quiet, build circuits and not read posts about the theft of intellectual property.

I am not trying to start a fight or a flame war.  I want you to tell us, right here and right now, whether you approve of the theft of intellectual property or not.