FYI: nice schematix collection violated copyrights...

Started by puretube, June 08, 2004, 03:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fret Wire

David, not to speak for Athin, but re-read his post, and the post that prompted his response. It didn't sound to me like Athin thinks IP should be free to anyone.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

David

I did say that it was possible I misunderstood.

Fret Wire

Quote from: DavidI am not trying to start a fight or a flame war.  I want you to tell us, right here and right now, whether you approve of the theft of intellectual property or not.

Yes, you did say that, then you made the above demand. Rather strong don't you think? I think the first page has the post you're really looking for. :wink:
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Dutchie

hmmm..... we all build our own ts-9's, rat's, dist+'s etc etc...
not our design now is it? we all copy here, so what's all the fuzz  :wink:  about?

i sense a little hypocracy here....am i wrong???

puretube

Quote"Phase, amplitude and frequency within an analog circuit can be manipulated, for instance, through the use of diodes, transistors, inductors and capacitors

and tubes  8)

puretube

QuoteFurther, the degree to which this is true is well understood and documented. It can be calculated with reasonable accuracy

yes, the degree of how far to go astray from known circuits is known and calculateble,

but the how and why of some novel circuits, that coulda been
designed over 60 years ago (should I say: 80 years ago?),
but have not been designed by the "know-it-alls",
are a different animal....

the invention of the tube by (type your name here...)
doesn`t say, he can de-tick a "zombie"-chorus...

OTOH, this thread`s content is more about a copyright-issue,
not "inventions"

BillyJ

QuoteBillyJ - and exactly how would you feel if someone [from Russia or Poland or the Czech Republic] put up a site with oh... say - you having sex? and let's say all your friends get a link. And when you complain someone tells you "GET OVER YOURSELF". Huh???
I'd love it. If I had a clip I'd send it your way. My friends would be the first to the the link.  :P
I am a pirate and shameless. Now what?

How about this. Tomorrow a law is passed making most of what is on RG site and here illegal by the new definition of IP law?
There is ethics and law. One is up to the individual to put into action, the other is for the victim. If the victim has no real re-course because of whatever reason they for them to continue complaining is just crying "poor me" out in the rain.
RG had some sarcasm directled at those that would disagree with his views, I had some directed at some I think are a bit full of law and ethics.

I still feel that to have a site with schematics of pedals is unethical.
Like I said I am a pirate so I couldn't care less.
What IS funny is how RG and a mess of you will run a little game to be pirates AND claim it ethical.
Just cause it is legal does not make it ethical.
Personaly if you write up a diagram of ANYONE elses circuits and post it to the web I feel you have done your best to show a lack of ethics or at least a creative way of pretending you do.
I guess since law is written and ethics is this ethereal presence it isn't up to me or anyone else to say what exactly is or isn't ethical.
I know how I feel about them and what use they have.
But this arguement is about as useful as IP law in Russia.  :lol:

QuoteI am not trying to start a fight or a flame war. I want you to tell us, right here and right now, whether you approve of the theft of intellectual property or not.

I do not approve of the law that makes it illegal. It serves to fill the coffers of lawyers and the ilk of people that use them to waste our criminal system and MY and YOUR taxpaying dollars.
The law also serves to keep information from the world, this slows down the progresson of the human race, that is a crime.
Laws that are crimes within themselves should not exist. But they do.
Like I said to bad for RG that the entire world isn't under the same thumb.
Go vote for world domination and and one world order and then you all can sleep at night knowing your IP is safe.
As long as IP doesn't soon cover a schematic then you all are happy.
If people like RG and his big bad lawyers have their way it will come to that.
So keep on fighting that good fight RG and others till you see that in a 30 years or less you have helped @#$% the world over and keep everyone in the dark ages.
Sooner or later there will be somehting discovered in the world that could have the potential to save the world. It will be sold to AT&T and your childrens children will die of cancer at age seven because they decided it was their IP and they are gonna hold out till things are really bad and then cash in.
You know what? F*&% that law, and same goes to all you people that think you deserve to own anything.
I think the world owes us all one thing, a grave, not money power welth and IP.
Go stick your IP where some TP can do it some help.
Well whatever I know that everyone here is smarter and such things do not lie in wait for the world.
Bullshit, IP and lawyers and egotistical engineers will ruin the world, that is a promise.
It is a form of supression, and therefore oppresion, and therefore it sucks!
Whatever that is the way I see it, no one wil change my views that these laws are more harmful than good.
I think that law is unethical.
Unethical laws should be ignored until they are impotent.
Russia (or was it Poland...LMAO!) is a good example of how that works.
 :P  :lol:  :D  :wink:  :twisted:

Da! Is good , no?  :P

BillyJ

Quoteand tubes

Damn I love your style puretube!!

QuoteQuote:
Further, the degree to which this is true is well understood and documented. It can be calculated with reasonable accuracy

yes, the degree of how far to go astray from known circuits is known and calculateble,

but the how and why of some novel circuits, that coulda been
designed over 60 years ago (should I say: 80 years ago?),
but have not been designed by the "know-it-alls",
are a different animal....

the invention of the tube by (type your name here...)
doesn`t say, he can de-tick a "zombie"-chorus...

OTOH, this thread`s content is more about a copyright-issue,
not "inventions"

LOL known circuits? WOuld be a tube zipper...oh wait no you would pitch a fit if I posta schematic for that. Under the guise of ethics though not any law.
Will it be 60-80 years before your circuits are known?
Too long a time if you ask me.
Um I think this thread is about the ethics bag too.

Like I said I like your style and think your all class.
However I think you griping the ethics thing to protect one of your circuits schematics being posted ina  perfectly legal manner is less than admirable.
You should be big enough to take the lumps without a hitch. It is legal right? Why complain? Why not vote for more laws instead or just not interfear with the legal posting of a schematic.
Seems to me that the "know it alls" want to keep on knowing it ALL.

:wink:

Sorry but it seems unfair and unethical to stand in the way of anything legal.
Like stopping me from having a demostration in the park when I have my permits in hand.

puretube

Aron, Peter:

sorry to have to ask;
I thought I had posted a nice link
(for all, without any back-thoughts).  :oops:
I found out it infringes some people`s
interests.
I removed the link
(that I googled up being amongst the first ten of
68000 others, looking for information about a commercial
pedal...);

PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD   :cry:

Nasse

:( Things are sooo different (or used to be, but maybe still somewhat are) at the other side of "iron curtain"

Of course it is easier for me to understand because I live very near the border. Things are to chance, some good some bad

But just wondered what R.G. really meant. I think he has very good reason to be allowed to say his opinion. And what is for more value: His site with tons of original work and free info he has put together himself, or site with tons of nice circuits "free" but mostly just copied

Anyway thanks for posting that link, believe those who put it together did not mean any harm maybe but must learn to think all sides
  • SUPPORTER

puretube

Quote from: BillyJ
Like I said I like your style and think your all class.

ahhh, thank you, I needed that....

the Tube Zipper coulda been invented 60 years ago by the "know-it-alls";
it hasn`t been so;

For those, who are really able to "google",
they coulda found the basic circuit since 1996 including
component values and the how and why.....

those who find it, they will see,
that it`s not the values (I allow+/- 100% deviation),
but the "how" -even the patent office hasn`t found
anything comparable -

but: the copyright (not the know-how, which has been published by me....)
of the schem one may find, is in other hands...

BTW: it takes about 12 seconds to hand-draw the basic schem...[/quote]

puretube

Quote from: Nasse: believe those who put it together did not mean any harm maybe but must learn to think all sides

my opinion, too - but I didn`t think far enough when I posted it . sorry

Peter Snowberg

I'm always sorry to see a thread end this way, but so be it. It started out so nice. Thanks for trying Ton! 8)

This thread has been closed at the request of its originator, Puretube.
Eschew paradigm obfuscation