mn3008 schematics

Started by bioark, June 08, 2004, 08:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bioark

Since I can put in chain some mn3008 to manage more delay?
Since I do it?
I need a scheme
I need help
thanks
andres from argentina

Mark Hammer

You can look at any schematic that uses an MN3005.

The 3008 is the same chip but with 2048 stages instead of 4096.  It has the same pinout.

ExpAnonColin

I've always been curious about this (sorry for the semi-hijack)-Has anyone tried stacking BBDs?  You'd think you could get double the delay time... but there could be biasing issues.

-Colin

puretube

like piggybacking? - you`d have the buckets in parallell...still the same delaytime.

mattv

Colin,
Can you bemore specific? I think Scott Swartz's AD-3208 has two BBDs in series for longer delay times (as opposed to using just one BBD). Someday before I die, I intend to do something similar using digital delay chips. I don't think it's anything particularly new though.

bioark

The delay of ibanez ad 900 contain two mn3008
It uses the technology of adding some mn3008
Is it true this?
sorry for my english

Yuan Han

AD3208 has MN/BL3208s in series for the added delay time clocked using MN3102 which are all low voltage versions (10v max).

Within the datasheets somewhere there's some specifications on how many stages a MN clock chip can clock. From what I remembered, if a person is clocking it for delay (clocking it slow), I think it wouldn't hit any lmitation for the clockchip, thus, I think iw doulbe be possible to clock more than 2 3208s using 1 MN3102. But I remember that one of maxons delay (ad999 ?) had 4 3208s(or was it 3008) and 2 clockchips.

If 3102 doesn't work, i think using the phase locked loop cmos (4046?) into a cmos buffer (ala ultra flanger) might just work.

Anyway I've been wanting to try that. Just waiting for my BL3208s to come !

:)

Han

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: puretubelike piggybacking? - you`d have the buckets in parallell...still the same delaytime.

Good point...

-Colin

puretube

there is however, a nice way of using 2 BBDs in an
"anti-parallell" combination:

feed the delaylines phase-opposed, and take the output
differentially, while the chips are clocked in parallell.

Double "headroom", greatly reduced (cancelled) clocknoise!
(same delaytime however, as in single configuration...)  
Reduced distortion figure (best with selected BBDs).
:wink:  :wink:  :wink: