Boss CE 2 MODS????

Started by gein, June 08, 2004, 03:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gein

Doeas anyone have any suggestions for mods to my boss ce-2.  I know that Keelly offers some but I cant tell what they are.  
ANy help :?:  :?:  :?:

Mark Hammer

Standard mods are as follows:

1) Change C19 for different speed ranges.  It is presently 100nf.  Sticking a smaller value in will raise LFO range to yield faster modulation rates.

2) Install a 100k-250k pot in series with R22 to achieve subtler chorus sounds by scaling back the wet signal.

3) Vibrato by inserting a SPST toggle on either side of R21 to lift the dry signal.

4) Hi-band chorus by replacing C14 (33nf) with a smaller value cap (e.g., 3n9) to restrict chorussing to the mids and highs only.

modmod

Quote from: Mark HammerStandard mods are as follows:

3) Vibrato by inserting a SPST toggle on either side of R21 to lift the dry signal.

do you mean short the r21 for vibrato ? thanks

puretube

no, he sayed: lift - i.e. disconnect one end of R21, and let it float:
so the dry signal doesn`t get added/mixed with the wet one.

Yuan Han

actually, instead of lifting the R21, I think it would be fun to mmm try to mod it for a "mix" pot so that when its totally at 1 end it would too give the vibrato effect.

Normally i would think that required changing values of R22 and R21, and subbin in a pot. But, now there's a Q8 (jfet) which seems to be involved in the switching, so , dont' *think* there is an easy way to do it......for inspiration i guess one could look at CH-1 (super chorus) for its E.Level part.

actually, instead of just replacing C14, would it be better if we tweaked the caps (about 6 of them)in before and after the BBD to play around with the filtering ?

Han