thunderchief - tube

Started by changes, June 08, 2004, 04:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puretube

HELP!
somebody please point "changes" to some beginner`s tube DIY sites!!!

(don`t have any links on this PC, nor time...)

:oops:
:?:
:arrow:

changes

yes that would be very helpful if anybody has a good link for absolute beginners you're welcome........
CHANGES

slajeune

Hi Changes,

I think that there is an issue with the way your heaters are connected.  Pin 4 goes to v+ (i.e. +14.5v) and pin 5 goes to ground.  There is no center tap that I can see for the heaters.  If both of them are soldered together and are connected to v+, I don't think the tube will even glow!!!

I haven't checked the rest of you pin layouts.  Please check the following link:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/tubedummy.html

We've all been there, it's very hard to understand all the pinouts and all.  Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty simple.

Cheers,
Steph.

RDV

Quote from: JDPS { I hope I don't make the price of Peavey Classic's Shoot Sky High on UKBaY } I paid 25 for mine at the Flea Market. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I gotta go to your Flea Market.  :wink:

RDV

RDV

Quote from: donald stringerAs i read  these posts on peavy amps I am close to crying. Before I realized the beauty of tubes, I had no less than two peavy amps: VTM with thephaser/paralel effects loops scorpion speakers and another similiar to the vtm alltube of course. But for the life of me I couldnt get a decent crunch out of them.
I had a VTM60, they make good boat anchors, but that's about it. They missed it completely with that amp, but Peavey's got a bunch of good amps though.

RDV