Dan Armstrong has passed away

Started by BlackFlag1313, June 09, 2004, 12:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackFlag1313

:cry:  :cry:
Dan passed on the morning of June 8th of a massive stroke/ heart attack.
Any of you who had the pleasure of knowing the man will be heart broken.  Prayers to Vic.  

There may be HELP i.e. $$ needed with Dan's burial expenses.  

Feel free to contact Robert Rush(unofficial but stepping up) (Vintage Tone Project.)  He will put you in touch with the right people to help.

We've lost a LEGEND.

We'll miss you Daniel.

Peter Snowberg

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Paul Marossy

ErikMiller

A true legend of the MI business.

Never met him, but he was an inspiration, both electronically and musically.

RDV

puretube

brian wenz

Mark Hammer

Most folks know him from the devices associated with his name.  It is my understanding, though, that his more important achievement was his tutoring and mentoring of many many techs who went on to greater things.  I'll wager they are busy reminiscing and smiling and silently thanking right now.

So, we've lost not only the man himself, but all those folks whom he would have mentored.

Sad to lose anyone, but always a source of contentment when you think about how much one person can do in their lifetime.

Lonestarjohnny

Two Great one's,
Gone but But Not Forgotten,
Ceazar And Dan
JD   :cry:

Paul Marossy

JD,

You mean Caezer Diaz?  :shock:

jrc4558

smoguzbenjamin

Just think of the man every time you build/use an Orange Squeezer or Purple Peaker. He deserves the credit he's getting for that.

R.I.P. :(
Ben
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

The Tone God

troubledtom

what a drag :cry:
  RIP,
     - tom

Marcos - Munky

This is very sad. RIP  :(  :(  :(  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Ammscray

I knew Dan since the late-80's...not only was he one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet, but he knew so much about EVERYTHING...a true legend in this business, and a real innovator in lots of different areas...

he used to tell me war stories from the 60's and talked alot about hanging around and jammin' with Jimi in NY and stuff like that...

and BTW DAN COULD PLAY JAZZ GUITAR LIKE NOBODYS BUSINESS...

see ya Dan
"Scram kid, ya botha me!"

lovekraft0

We'll probably never know the depth of his influence - in the 30-some years I've been playing guitar I can't think of anyone whose body of work comes close to Dan's. He will be sorely missed.