Sorta OT - ART SGX2000 Repair Question (foot controller)

Started by Paul Marossy, June 09, 2004, 02:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

I have an ART SGX2000 multi-effects unit that I have had for many years now. I also have the FX-15 foot controller. Recently, the up/dn buttons on my FX-15 don't do anything anymore...  of course, I thought "hey, I could fix this". But, it's not as easy as I thought it would be.  :oops:

I did a continuity check on my MIDI cables and all of the switches in the foot controller (momentary) and they all test good. Did a factory reset, no change. Looked in the manual, and it doesn't appear to have any programming that affects those two buttons. Everything else works normal.

Anyone have any ideas where to start on something like this? Would this happen if I had a bad transistor or something? I'm thinking that if this thing uses a bunch of flip-flops that maybe one is bad and so when I push the up/dn buttons, it just doesn't do anything. Anyone?

petemoore

I dread when these things start becoming clunkers as much as new cars with anti-lock, computer driven, gadget laden devices which are required for proper function.
 OUCH...sorry,
 I would have suspected a possible lost connection, sometimes these switche buttons are pushing on the PCB when you push them, [except that you also have a second controller] but a bad flip flop seems as likely a suspect.
 I hope you find a way to fix it, there are getting to be quite a few of these around, the likelyhood of seeing disfunctional ones gets greater everyday.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Paul Marossy

The funny thing is that I haven't even used the foot controller that much. This thing sits in my "studio", so it's been in a very sheltered environment for years. But, as I remember, it never seemed to work quite like it was supposed to with up/dn buttons. But now they won't work at all. :(

I sure would like to fix it, though.

Johan

If I remember correctly, and nothing suggests I do...those two needs two midicables between the SGX2000 and the X15 to keep all the data flowing and communication going...also check to see that the optical strips going from the toe end of the rockers into the unit are intact...other than that...sorry, dont know..

Johan
DON'T PANIC

Paul Marossy

Yep, it does need two MIDI cables. I have two connected and I have checked to see if they are good. The optical readers for the two foot pedals are fully functional, too.

Paul Marossy

Anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting this thing?