Update: BMP clone no worky

Started by Danny G, June 09, 2004, 10:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny G

I think I have the input jack wired properly now.  When the effect is off the signal goes through loud and clear.  

When the effect is on....  Nothing much comes out.  A barely perceptible signal from the instrument, radio stations when I move the Tone control.  When I touch the circuit board (mainly around the second pair of diodes) the effect pops in and out...?!?  I'll re check my connections.

Suggestions?

petemoore

at the output, with amp and effect connected. powered up.
 touch a probe, then connect that probe to the output jack...you should hear a buzz.
 Follow the signal path to the last transistors collector [I forget if the last stage is an emitter follower, if it is, touch the emitter] connect your thumb to it, you should hear a buzz.
 Touch the Base of the last Transistor, you should hear a buzz
 Second to last transistor: buzztest [connect yourself to] the collector, YSHAB [you should hear a buzz] then the base...YSHALB [you should hear a louder buzz...
 Continue working back from the output toward the input following the signal path, testing to find the place in the circuit that sound doesn't pass through...check for problems there.
 check your transistor pin voltages.
  Read: Debugging page again if you haven't already.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.