O/T Another Bad Deal !

Started by Lonestarjohnny, June 09, 2004, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonestarjohnny

Well, I know this is off topic But I need someone to console me, I''m 57 year's old, and I was planning ahead for somethin to do when I retire from the oilfield, I had regesterd the name Lone Star Amps here in Texas about 10 year's ago for a small line of Homebrew amp's that I wanted to build, Now I see Mesa Boogie has a Lone Star line of amp's out,
First Place, What in HELL'S tarnation made them decide to change there Dam Name, There arn't one famous Texan that ever got rich playin a boogie that I know of and what the Hell would they know about TEXAS TONE and the LONESTAR STATE, they all live in CA.
Now I know how it feel's, Bend Right Over Ya Say,
Yeah the Sky is Cryin in Texas for Sure.
Sorry If I bothered anyone.
JD

Lonestarjohnny

Mark F

If you registered first, don't you have some sort of recourse? Although, I suspect it would probably cost mucho $$$. I also fish & that sounds like a good idea. Hope ya catch a giant!

BDuguay

You should come up with a really cool pedal to go in front of their amp and call it the Lone Star.
B.

jsleep

Hi JD,

Nice initials, buddy,  I had 'em registered first!!!!  

Well, my international legal team is better than your international team of legal experts.

All kidding aside, do you have the money and time to take on Mesa Boogie?  IMHO, that's about all it boils down to.  Unfortunately, you have to buy justice.  You can always send them a nice letter stating your case and maybe they would revamp their marketing and drop the Lone Star name.

JD
For great Stompbox projects visit http://www.generalguitargadgets.com

mattv

Bummer.

There are other Texas cliches you could use that may even be better though.

Lonestarjohnny

JD, You had BooFoo info on Line when I was still tryin to get my 256 with a 14 k modem to download a Schematic, I use to start it at midnight and let it try and download hope'en the file would'nt be corrupted by anybody calling in to my phone line, LOL !
So My hat's off to YA !
Beside's that I'm just Lazy when it come's to spelling out my own name.
I would do just exactly what your talkin, But, I'm a small Fry and they are the MR. Big,
I'll just go ahead and use the name also, But with a BIG disclaimer saying that I have NO affiliate with mesa boogie, and hope that the amp is dropped in a few year's when they see that it's not gonna make them RICHER, Hell most Texan's can barely afford an old Peavey right now what with the price of gas and the Economy being what it is.
Well, I feel better bout this and I think I may just go fishen if it'll stop raining, LOL !
JD  :evil:

Gilles C

At least they won't be able to sue you because you took their name.

It would look bad in front of a judge to say they thought of it BEFORE you registered it...

So being able to prove your point legally could help you use that name without being affraid to be sued.  8)

Gilles C

Peter Snowberg

I've come up with names that FranTone and SWR are using :( so I know what it's like.

A little OT.... This web thing is funny.... a world-wide conversation and somebody thousands of miles away posts a link to the music store I see out my window. :D

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Lonestarjohnny

That's Cool Gilles, I like it, funny how that seem's OK to me, but the other don't.
And yes Peter, This contraption called a PC, It do make the World look a lot Smaller, and it's funny how there are nice prople all around this world, If you only take the time to " get to know them "
Cheer's,  :)  :)  :)
JD

puretube

haven`t I seen Lone Star Effects already a while ago at HC ?

Then how about: "Yellow Rose" ?

IIRC, someone else can get an already registered name,
if it hasn`t been commercially exploited by the first owner
for a reasonable long time.

And did you renew the registration?
(don`t know how long the terms are in the US)

mattv

Quote from: puretubeThen how about: "Yellow Rose" ?

That is exactly the name I was implying!  8)